MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015

+2
radicalgal
familygrowing
6 posters

Go down

Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015 Empty Re: Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015

Post by Hpfmom2 Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Are you still looking for Milk?

Hpfmom2

Back to top Go down

Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015 Empty Milk Available in South Jersey

Post by Sadie Grace Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Hi,
I PM'd you a few days ago and am no sure if you received it, as I PM'd someone else and they did not... I have about 200-250 oz of frozen milk available due to a recent loss. If you are still in need and are interested I can provide you with more information! Thanks, Amie

Sadie Grace

Back to top Go down

Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015 Empty Re: Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015

Post by EmilyAston Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Oh and for milk to last a year it needs to 0°. Its still best in 6 months otherwise nutrients start breaking down very slowly. Also don't use a bottle there are other methods if you can do it. Bottles tend to over stuff baby. Breast don't keep dripping when baby isn't sucking... bottles do they have a fast flow even the "slow flow". If you need to use a bottle they say to give them periods of rest (a minute or two) its a lot of work being a baby!! Lol

Good luck!!! I hope this doesn't sound lecturish just things I learned Smile

EmilyAston

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilyAston Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:49 pm

Actually it is a little important the age of milk... for newborn it is best to feed them/match the with milk that was pumped when the donors baby was 6 months or younger because it changes slightly. After your baby is about 4 months you want to donor milk from a 12 month old or younger. Breast milk is still the best its just the fat content changes around certain periods... I achieved 12 months donated breast milk for my daughter through many sleepless nights on milk hunting lol human milk for human babies on facebook is helpful and I even looked on only the breast on donations too.

EmilyAston

Back to top Go down

Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015 Empty Thank you!

Post by familygrowing Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks for the replies! jt215 - We also live in Philadelphia - in West Philly. Let's connect in April. Best of luck to you in the next few months!

And thanks for the insight, radicalgirl. We do have a chest freezer, which we can regulate the temperature of. And we may know one or two people that could help us out, whose babies will be around a year old by the time ours is born. So that's good to know. We are ready to start freezing!

familygrowing

Back to top Go down

Post by jt215 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:54 am

Where are you located in PA? I'm in Philadelphia and expecting to deliver end of March! Hoping I can help I love you

jt215

Back to top Go down

Post by radicalgal Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:29 am

Congratulations!!
After colostrum the relative age is not important. Also, if you have a chest freezer, which would be operating at a lower temperature, you can freeze your milk for up to a year Smile. Im hoping to not be pumping by April, but if I am I'll hit you guys up! Best of luck!!

radicalgal

Back to top Go down

Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015 Empty Two Dads seeking breastmilk for baby due in late April 2015

Post by familygrowing Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Hello everyone!

We are two dads with a baby on the way, due in late April, being carried by our dear friend as a surrogate. She already has three kids of her own, and has had trouble producing milk for them in the past, so none of us are interested in putting her through the trouble given all that she is doing for us already by carrying the baby!

We're looking for breastmilk starting in late April. From what we've read, we feel comfortable freezing breast milk for up to 6 months. We've got a deep freezer, and will be looking to start saving up milk within the next month or two.

We welcome any advice you all have about when to start saving frozen milk. We are also wondering about how important it is (if at all) to match up the "age" of the breast milk with the age of the baby...? For example, is it OK to feed a 1-month old baby breastmilk from someone who is producing for a 5-month old baby? We know that the early stages (Colostrum and Transitional milk) are different than Mature milk, but is there any reason to try to match the age of the baby with the relative "age" of the mature milk at the time it's produced, once you're past the transitional milk?

We've got lots to learn here, so any tips you can send will be much appreciated!

LGBTQ-friendly responses only, please.

familygrowing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down