MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying pump/bags/bottles for donor. What do you suggest?

5 posters

Go down

Buying pump/bags/bottles for donor. What do you suggest? Empty Buying pump/bags/bottles for donor. What do you suggest?

Post by tessie2v Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello! I am currently researching what type of pump/bottle system I should purchase for someone who is going to supply milk for our adopted daughter. I want this to be as convenient for the donor as possible. What pumps/bottle system would you recommend?

Thanks!
~Steph

tessie2v

Back to top Go down

Buying pump/bags/bottles for donor. What do you suggest? Empty Re: Buying pump/bags/bottles for donor. What do you suggest?

Post by xrayeyes07 Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:59 pm

I love my Medela PISA and I use Lanoish bags to freeze in and no problems so far. :-)

xrayeyes07

Back to top Go down

Buying pump/bags/bottles for donor. What do you suggest? Empty Re: Buying pump/bags/bottles for donor. What do you suggest?

Post by Jaz Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I've used two styles of Medela hospital-grade pumps, the Classic and now the Lactina. Lactina is by far more convenient and light than the Classic but I bought it used for about the price of a Pump in Style because I was worried about supply. Has the donor ever used a pump before? Some women prefer Medelas, some prefer Amedas.

As for bags, I've had a fair amount of luck with Lansinoh bags. I did get several boxes from a bad batch that had leaking problems but Lansinoh replaced them all in kind and asked me to send some back in a prepaid envelope so they could try to pin down the problem.
Jaz
Jaz

Back to top Go down

Post by milkymommy Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:50 pm

I have a Medela InStyle pump and like to use the Medela pump and save bags because I can pump right into them. It saves a lot of time.
I used a pump from the hospital before.... not sure what brand but I think my Medela works so much better, more comfortable and gets more milk out.

milkymommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimichanga Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:14 am

Like others, I like the Lansinoh bags. Any time I have a leak issue, they do replace it and send extra - they are very focused on customer service and helping out moms who need to use the bags.

I have a Medal PIS. I've had it for almost 4 years and it is still going strong. Is the donor going to be in the hospital or does she have her own child and is pumping to supply you? Some hospitals have stringent rules about using a pump from the "outside." I wasn't allowed to use my PIS because it wasn't sterile. I used the Harmony while I was in the hosptial but switched back to my pump at home.

Chimichanga

Back to top Go down

Post by tessie2v Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I think I am going to leave it up to our donor (family friend). Sounds like the Medela PIS is the way to go, but I'll let her pick it out. :-)

My daughter is already born, and I am feeding her a goat's milk formula while I wait for our friend's son to be born and for her to build her milk supply. Hope (my daughter) will be about 6 - 8 weeks before we have breast milk, but it that is better than nothing in my opinion! :-)

Thanks to all of you who donate... those of us who aren't able to breastfeed are blessed because of the time and effort you put in!

tessie2v

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down