MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk wanted, Seattle area

2 posters

Go down

Milk wanted, Seattle area Empty 1 bag (6oz) in Auburn

Post by kmarie42 Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi,
I was at my mom's house for Christmas and had to leave the milk I pumped while there. Let me know if that's close to you or if you want it! I know it's just 6oz, but it shouldn't go to waste. You can email me with any questions, or we could talk on the phone if that's easier.
-Katie
kmarie42@gmail.com

kmarie42

Back to top Go down

Milk wanted, Seattle area Empty Milk wanted, Seattle area

Post by JuliaZ Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:21 pm

Do you have milk that's languishing in the back of your freezer? Is it "old"? Did you pump it for an older baby?

Felix and I would love to have it! Felix is twenty months old and he is still struggling with non-human milks. It's possible to fill out his diet with other foods, and he can tolerate goat's milk somewhat, but since cow's milk really makes him ill we avoid it as much as possible. I am so glad to give him a bit of donated human milk every day because it fills in the nutritional gaps and seems to calm his stomach.

I nursed him until he was 16 months old but never made more than a half supply due to several medical issues -- we saw multiple doctors, lactation consultants, an occupational therapist, the midwives... we never did get things to improve as much as they needed to. Felix was sick for a few weeks around 16 months, didn't nurse for a few days, and that was the end of our direct nursing relationship. He's tried to nurse since then, but he's forgotten how and just bites me! Crying or Very sad

We have gotten milk through MilkShare before and cow's milk in the mama's diet doesn't seem to bother Felix, he just can't consume it directly himself. We'll be glad to bring you replacement milk bags or to reimburse you for the ones you used, and will pick up at your convenience (of course).

Thanks so much for considering us! I know Felix (as a charming toddler) is not as "needy" as some of the little babies here but I thought I'd ask anyway. Smile

Julia
wife to John
birthmother to Alan George 02/11/84
mother to Joanne Natasha 01/13/00 born at home and nursed 25 months
mother to Felix Henry 04/24/08 born at home and nursed 16 months, still getting some mama milk

http://picasaweb.google.com/juliaz/FelixFirstYearHighlights

JuliaZ

Back to top Go down