MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premie with Cardiac Condition allergic to formula, in desperate need of long term donation

2 posters

Go down

Premie with Cardiac Condition allergic to formula, in desperate need of long term donation Empty Re: Premie with Cardiac Condition allergic to formula, in desperate need of long term donation

Post by Elise's mom Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Angela,

I'm sorry I'm just now replying to your post...my baby was hospitalized for pneumonia and a respiratory illness, RSV so it's been quite overwhelming. We would love to meet you and introduce little Elise, but she cannot tolerate car rides for more than 20 minutes as the sitting position causes discomfort to her belly and she cries bloody murder until she's held. Plus with her recent ailments, I am hesitant to take her out as she is extremely fragile and vulnerable due to heart condition. I would hate for you to have to drive all the way up here Sad Perhaps we can figure out a way to meet.

Saran

P.S Do you have a Facebook account?
Elise's mom
Elise's mom

Back to top Go down

Premie with Cardiac Condition allergic to formula, in desperate need of long term donation Empty Re: Premie with Cardiac Condition allergic to formula, in desperate need of long term donation

Post by AngelaChou Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi O'Neills,

Elise is indeed a miracle!!!
My daughter, Alison is 1 month and 3 weeks. I produce more than enough milk from her and I am willing to ship my milk to help Elise. I am new to this milk share thing and not sure what to do next. However, I prefer to know the receipient more and could love to meet you and Elise in person. I live in Fremont, is it possible to meet you?

Hope you and Elise is doing well.

AngelaChou

Back to top Go down

Premie with Cardiac Condition allergic to formula, in desperate need of long term donation Empty Premie with Cardiac Condition allergic to formula, in desperate need of long term donation

Post by Elise's mom Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi everyone, my husband and I are both healthcare professionals. After having 4 miscarriages during these last 4 years of trying to have a baby, we were blessed with a precious baby girl who came to us unexpectedly. I developed many complications during the pregnancy, and our baby girl had to be induced at 34 weeks as she was not growing and thriving in my womb. After she was born, I was told that I had an autoimmune condition where the body sees the baby as a foreign object and attacks it. Pretty much my body is allergic to pregnancy. 80-90% of pregnancies with this condition usually end in miscarriages or stillbirth, with an 80% recurrence rate. Sadly, there are no treatment/cure for it.

Our little blessing is truly a miracle. She just turned 4 months today (2 months 3 weeks corrected age) and is quite a fighter. She was born at 3.5 lbs, and is now 8 lbs. Despite frequently being in/out of the hospital for her cardiac condition and failure to thrive, she is as happy as can be. Unfortunately, I am not producing enough milk for her and formula causes her GI to bleed. Though her pediatrician gave a prescription to the milk bank, our insurance will not cover it despite the medical necessity, and $2000/mo expense is just too prohibitive for us with me not working to be home with her.

Our little preemie needs 16 oz/day, and frustratingly I am only able to produce 3 oz. We are running low on my reserve, and within 2 more weeks it will be gone. We are desperately in need of any donation in any amount from healthy moms out there. We live in Santa Rosa (60 miles north of San Francisco) and are willing to pick up/pay for shipping.

We would appreciate any help!

Love,
the O'Neills
Elise's mom
Elise's mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down