MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

400 oz Dairy Free to Donate SW WA

2 posters

Go down

400 oz Dairy Free to Donate SW WA Empty Re: 400 oz Dairy Free to Donate SW WA

Post by jlehner Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 am

Hello VeggieVeg,

Thank you so much for your post and for reaching out to little ones in need!

My name is Jennifer, and my husband Mike and I live in Seattle and are adopting our second baby this February. With our first adopted son Luke, I tried to induce lactation but failed, and we were lucky enough to connect with a wonderful woman through Milkshare that was able to supply us with milk as she nursed her own newborn. It was an absolutely amazing experience, and she and are still very close to this day. Luke is thriving, and I believe that breastmilk has so much to do with that!

We will be adopting again next month, and I've again tried to induce lactation without success. I believe so strongly in the benefits of breastmilk, and it's very frustrating as an adoptive mom to not be able to provide it. I'm hoping to connect with a donor who can provide even just a little amount to help get our new little one off to the best start possible.

I was so thrilled to see your post, and hope that we can connect. I'd love to hear more about you (and your own little one!) and see if we might be a good fit. I live in Seattle, and would absolutely be able to drive out to meet you (it's certainly much closer than driving to Portland to receive Luke's donated milk, which we did every three weeks for a year!).

And if it happens to not work out or you've already connected with another donor, please do accept my gratitude and admiration for just reaching out and sharing your time, energy, and this wonderful gift of milk with others!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Lehner

jlehner

Back to top Go down

400 oz Dairy Free to Donate SW WA Empty 400 oz Dairy Free to Donate SW WA

Post by VeggieVeg Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:04 pm

I live in Kelso, Washington and have about 400 oz of milk to donate, plus more as I continue pumping. I have a 12 month old and I eat a very healthy vegan diet. I do not smoke, drink or do drugs. I do consume soy and gluten. My milk is in a deep freezer. I am taking Ibuprofen daily as well as Plaquenil daily, which has been approved by the American Academy of Rheumatology as safe for breastfeeding (see "Antimalarials" http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/patients/diseases_and_conditions/pregnancy.asp). Unfortunately I can not ship milk.

VeggieVeg

Back to top Go down