MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tons of milk to share, looking to be a LONG term donor

2 posters

Go down

Tons of milk to share, looking to be a LONG term donor Empty Re: Tons of milk to share, looking to be a LONG term donor

Post by nmeyers Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Missi

sent you a pm.

Nannette

nmeyers

Back to top Go down

Tons of milk to share, looking to be a LONG term donor Empty Tons of milk to share, looking to be a LONG term donor

Post by Missi2013 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi. I am mother of 4 kids. 3 girls, Sabrina 8, Crystal 5, and Calleigh 3. Chris Jr is 5 weeks and like my others I am over producing. Chris Jr. was born 10/16 of this year and I have over 500+ ounces to donate. I am storing about 250 ounces a week, this is above and beyond his needs.
I use a deep freezer and I use Mommy Milk Bags or right now I am on Ziploc bag method I got from kellymom.com. I have everything labeled and dated. I did not start storing until 10/26 because I had Severe Pre-e and I was waiting for the medications to leave my system plus I was waiting for my supply to come in. I was on aldomet 500mg 3 times a day until 10/19 and Labetatol 200mg. I take a daily prenatal (i do forget, a lot), its just a chewy one from Walmart. I was on Iron but have since stopped that, it was 325mg 3 times a day because of anemia.
I will be storing and donating for at least a year, and possibly if things don't become hectic I will continue as long as I can after 12months.
I have donated with all 3 of my daughters and would love to continue to give to those mom's who need this for their precious little ones. I have 4 preemies so I know the importance of BM to preemie moms or even Mom's of full terms. My girls were born at 34, 32 and 28 weeks and baby Chris was born at 36 weeks.
I am an open book feel free to ask anything Smile I hope that I can help someone. I will travel to deliver at the cost of the recipients if they are close within reason. I am a SAHM so I have flexibility. I live in Southern IL in a small town called Marion.
I am very anal of sanitary practices and freezing techniques. I follow Kellymom.com to the T for everything (my go to site).
Thanks again and I hope to help someone or someones, since I have a lot of milk and I can't see 1 child alone needing 250 ounces a week!!!! I can increase my supply very easily, I store this much with only 5/6 pumps a day, if I went to doing it 'right' of 8-12 like they recommend, I could handle long term donation to more.

Missi & Baby Chris & Family!!!

Missi2013

Back to top Go down