MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have milk to donate - Rochester MN

3 posters

Go down

Have milk to donate - Rochester MN Empty Re: Have milk to donate - Rochester MN

Post by 2babies Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi Y.S.,

I live in Minneapolis and have twins that are turning 6 months. I can't breast feed for medical reasons. I will be in Rochester next week and I was wondering if you still have milk to donate? I have also sent you a private message.

Thanks,
Lisa
2babies
2babies

Back to top Go down

Post by nmeyers Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi there,

Glad to read that your little one is out of Special Care!
We live in northern California and have adopted twins who I was able to breast feed with the help of herbs meds and and SNS for the first 5 1/2 months. Since then we have relied entirely on donated milk. They are thriving and I am really hoping to keep them on breast milk through the winter.
Shipping is fairly easy, basically I sent you a box with a cooler, industrial type gel packs which work as well as dry ice, and replacement storage bags. You put the gel packs in the deep freezer for a day or two, then use them to line the cooler put in the milk in tape up the box and take it to your local fed ex office and ship it overnight on my account number. We have had a lot of milk shipped in all kinds of weather and never lost any of it. You can email me at nannette(at)kitenerd(dot)com if you have questions.

thanks for your consideration.
Nannette

nmeyers

Back to top Go down

Have milk to donate - Rochester MN Empty Have milk to donate - Rochester MN

Post by slayamot Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi, I have about 250 ~ 300 oz of BM to donate. My girl was born at 33 weeks and I was pumping while she was in the Special Care for a month. I had great supply right away and was getting 10 times more than what she needed. Now she is 7 weeks old but I still have more milk than she needs now, so I keep freezing it and running out of the storage. All the milk is frozen and stored in the deep chest freezer. The milk is dated from the last week of September 2012 and beginning of October. Most of it is frozen in 5 oz medela BP bags and some of it is in the plastic medela bottles that they used in the hospital. They were giving her only freshest milk out of what I was bringing in the hospital and were freezing the rest. So that's why i have some in the bottles.
I'm healthy, don't smoke, don't drink alcohol. Drink milk and coffee occasionally. Can provide medical record on the negative Hep B and HIV results.
I'm located in Rochester, MN. Would prefer to donate locally, (shipping sounds complicated), but if you guide me through how the shipping process work, might consider shipping.

Y.S.

slayamot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down