MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colostrum/Newborn milk available in Houston area (or San Antonio or Bryan)

2 posters

Go down

Colostrum/Newborn milk available in Houston area (or San Antonio or Bryan) Empty Re: Colostrum/Newborn milk available in Houston area (or San Antonio or Bryan)

Post by mommyof2girls10 Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi,
I have a 5 week old daughter, Landree and I am very interested in giving her your milk! Let me briefly tell you a little about my(our) situation! Landree was born @ 39 weeks, via c-section. I was very excited about breastfeeding my sweet baby! I wasn't able to nurse until about 6 hours post surgery and when I asked for a lactation consultant to help me, one was not sent until 2 days later...I had to basically teach myself, and Landree how to BF, since my nurse wasn't very helpful! When we were discharged from the hospital, my pediatrician told me to supplement with formula to get Landree to gain weight, (she was 5lbs, 10oz), so I did! After 1 week of BFing and supplementing with formula, I was not expressing any milk..I have been pumping for the past 3 weeks and have only yielded a few teaspoons of milk...I have done everything the lactation consultant has told me to do, and still no milk! I have beat myself up over not being able to provide my precious baby with the best!
Thank you!

mommyof2girls10

Back to top Go down

Colostrum/Newborn milk available in Houston area (or San Antonio or Bryan) Empty Colostrum/Newborn milk available in Houston area (or San Antonio or Bryan)

Post by MomToMyMonkeys Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:58 pm

I have roughly 120 ounces of colostrum/newborn milk available that I would like to see go to an actual newborn. I have a family that I regularly donate to already, so my older milk is spoken for, but I've been saving the newborn milk. My baby is now 7 1/2 months old, so I want to make sure it is used before going bad. It has been stored in a deep freeze the whole time, so it still has more than 4 months of good use yet. If you are adopting or due soon, please contact me to work something out.

I am in the League City area of Houston, so a local pick up would be best, but we'll be in San Antonio and Bryan for gymnastics meets in February so someone in either of those places might work out as well.

About me, I am a 31 year old mother of 4, and I have exclusively pumped with all of them because of prematurity and latch issues. My youngest is 7 1/2 months, and happy, healthy, and thriving. I eat as healthy as I am able to with 4 kids and a full-time job, and drink about 1-2 diet cokes a day. I drink a beer in the evening about once a week and always wait at least 3 hours before pumping. During the time that the newborn milk was pumped I don't think I had anything to drink and very little caffeine. I may have had an advil or two during that time.

Please email me at amymolander@yahoo.com if you are interested in this milk!

MomToMyMonkeys

Back to top Go down