MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former recipient with small amount of milk to donate

4 posters

Go down

Former recipient with small amount of milk to donate Empty Re: Former recipient with small amount of milk to donate

Post by heartwithlegs Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:38 pm

do you still have the milk to donate?
heartwithlegs
heartwithlegs

http://email~ sonyaoleson@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Former recipient with small amount of milk to donate Empty Re: Former recipient with small amount of milk to donate

Post by 1sickbaby Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:47 pm

hi heidi,
I am organizing donations for my friend who just adopted her first baby. The baby was born at 34 weeks addicted to pain pills from the birth mother. My friend has tried everything to induce lacation but is only getting about 3~5 oz a day. She had a few small donations in the beginning but that has almost run out. Shes currently mixing half formula and breast milk trying to make the milk last, but Sara is showing signs that it hurts her belly. We are in Arkansas and can travel some, and can cover some shipping but maybe not 100% of it, depending on the cost. ANY milk donations no matter how small can make a huge difference in this babys life. Feel free to email me for any questions.
Thanks in advance and God bless

1sickbaby

Back to top Go down

Former recipient with small amount of milk to donate Empty Very similar story in need of milk

Post by heather0824 Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey Heidi your story is so strikingly similar to mine that I am crying. I had the exact same problem with my first daughter and gave up breastfeeding at about 8 weeks when she still had not reached back to birth weight. She was born weighing 6 lbs 15 oz and lost down to 5 lbs 8 oz. I struggled accepting that I could not breastfeed her. I now have a 3 month old daughter and I having the same problems although this time I was more educated about breastfeeding. I am taking herbs, domeperidone, milkmaker cookies, etc. just as you did and I have produced a little more this time. I pump/breast feed every 2 hours and I only get about 10 oz a day. I supplement with about 10-15 oz of donor breastmilk, but I just used up all I had today and have not been able to find anyone to help me. I would love to have your 10 oz and would be more than happy to pay for shipping. I am desperate as I don't even know what I am going to do tonight let alone tomorrow. I guess I am going to have to supplement with formula which makes me sick to think about. I was also a newborn nursery nurse so I had a lot of experience with breastfeeding and never thought I would have this much difficulty. Even if I can't get the milk do you know what I can do? Please, please, please help me. My email is hfa0824@gmail.com and my cell is 252-717-6001

Thank you so much for your story. It is good to hear that I am not the only one.

heather0824

Back to top Go down

Post by heartwithlegs Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:43 pm

hey girl,
your milk would be a PERFECT match for my baby since she is 15 months old...it would be a huge blessing to recieve milk close to her age ifyou still have it. im in arkansas.
thanks in advance
heartwithlegs
heartwithlegs

http://email~ sonyaoleson@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Former recipient with small amount of milk to donate Empty Former recipient with small amount of milk to donate

Post by bhtimm Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:40 pm

I have about 10oz that I'd be willing to ship on dry ice. I can get it for free through my husband's work. I would also pay for shipping so that's a plus. I also have records proving that the milk is free from HIV and other milkbourne diseases. Half the milk is actually from me and half is from a former donor of mine, who used to be a recipient also! Bear in mind though that it is toddler milk (around 2 years old for both babies). Mine was expressed when my DD was 2 1/4 and the donor's was when her toddler was 20months old. I think it would be just fine for a newborn though. Mine is in 1oz colostrum containers which can attach to a Medela or otherwise compatible nipple. All you need to do is thaw, attach nipple and serve. Ideal for a newborn! The 5oz from my donor is in a Lansinoh bag.
Both are at close to 12mos old in a COLD DEEPFREEZE so they need to be used pretty soon. Both of our milks are low in lipase (I know firsthand about my donor's as I used it myself. Fresh milk could stay good for over a week!) Mine is pretty stable too.

I'd be especially interested in a recipient who would like to keep in contact with me.

Here is a link to my insprational story: https://milkshare.forumotion.com/t221-low-supply-mama-who-hasn-t-given-formula

Take care!
Heidi

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down