MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I ship milk?

2 posters

Go down

How do I ship milk? Empty How do I ship milk?

Post by megs7667 Thu May 17, 2012 1:10 pm

How do I ship milk? Should I go to a ups or fedex store or is there a better option? Should it be packed in dry ice?
megs7667
megs7667

Back to top Go down

How do I ship milk? Empty Shipping Milk

Post by kraymond Thu May 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi, it's actually pretty easy to ship milk! Here's a great link...

http://milksharing.blogspot.com/2010/12/shipping-breast-milk.html

I've been lucky enough to have milk shipped to me twice. Here's what I did...

I arranged for an insulated box (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VZC0PA/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details) to be sent directly to the donor mama (Emily). She packed the box, including the dry ice (just about 2 lbs), and let me know when it was ready. I had a FedEx account setup and tied to my debit card, so once the box was ready, I arranged for the pickup at her house (1 hr time window), and the shipment was charged directly to my debit card. I sent Emily a check to cover the dry ice (about $10).

We used overnight with FedEx, and everything arrived perfectly frozen. I think it would have been just fine without the insulated box, the frozen milk itself helps keep everything cold, and the dry ice is extra insurance. But since it was my first time, I wanted to be 100% sure! Just be sure to put the dry ice on top of the milk, and leave a little bit of the box untaped so the dry ice can vent.

It sounds complicated, but it is really pretty easy. Just pack the box as tight as you can so the milk insulates itself, and fill any empty spaces with newspaper. It should stay frozen just fine. Feel free to e-mail with any more questions!

-Kassandra

kraymond

Back to top Go down