MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

breast cancer survivor in need of milk

+2
ahrmnsn
lisapb
6 posters

Go down

breast cancer survivor in need of milk  Empty Re: breast cancer survivor in need of milk

Post by lisapb Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:35 am

Hi all,

Thanks to the generosity of this community, friends, and others, I have gotten Alice to 10 months on donated milk. I think I have enough lined up to get her to 11 months, so I am here to ask one last time if anyone (preferably with an older baby) has extra milk for that last month, to help us get her to a year.

The last time I posted, we went on vacation so I missed some messages. I think I reached out in PMs to people who had responded back then. Thanks again for your offers and for considering donation again.

Lisa and baby Alice

lisapb

Back to top Go down

breast cancer survivor in need of milk  Empty Re: breast cancer survivor in need of milk

Post by Shayflo919 Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Lisa,

I have extra milk for you and am new to milk donation so you might need to break me in. I'm in mpls as well, also my 4 month old daughters name is also Alice! It's meant to be. Send me a message if you are interested.

Shayflo919

Back to top Go down

breast cancer survivor in need of milk  Empty Milk to give

Post by BabyMomma2011 Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 am

Lisa-
I'm new to the donating thing and haven't filled out one of those contract things yet or done my "lab work" to prove I'm healthy but I do have A TON of milk for you. I can do that as soon as I have the chance to go to the doc if you're okay with that. I am very healthy and have exclusively fed my baby since his premature birth 3 months ago. I have been blessed with 2-3x times the supply I need. The milk I have is from 0-3 months. Is that okay or is it not the right age? I could estimate I'd be willing to give about 800-1000oz right now and probably more in the future. Maybe we can set up a re-occuring donation? I can't think of a more special story than yours.
Kelly

BabyMomma2011

Back to top Go down

Post by kitzmarj Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Lisa, i just posted a donation on the board for extra milk that needs a new home. Our babies are pretty close in age and I am a non-smoker/ drug user with a balanced diet. We do live in Rochester. Please let us know if you are interested in our donation.

Becky

kitzmarj

Back to top Go down

Post by mica2 Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello Lisa and baby Alice Smile
If you are still looking for breast milk I am more then happy to donate some. My son is 11 weeks old. I do not smoke, drink or do drugs and I am pretty active.

I live in St.Paul

mica2

Back to top Go down

Post by ahrmnsn Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:46 pm

I have just recently started looking into donating some of my frozen breastmilk. When I read your post and watched the video I was truly moved. I would like to donate some milk to you but I'm not sure of the process.

My son is 4 months old and thriving. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. I have approximately 700 ounces frozen and would like to donate about 500 at this time. I've found since returning to work that I am pumping more than he can drink in a day so I may have more to donate also.

I'm located in Rochester.

Anita

ahrmnsn

Back to top Go down

breast cancer survivor in need of milk  Empty breast cancer survivor in need of milk

Post by lisapb Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:59 am

hi all,

I am hoping to find milk for my 4.5 month old daughter. We have been able to feed her breast milk through the generosity of a circle of women, mostly friends or friends-of-friends, but we are running low and our donors' babies are getting older.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 12 weeks pregnant with our daughter. She went through surgery and chemo with me, and was born happy and healthy. We are thankful every day for this miracle (the placenta is an amazing thing). I was able to breastfeed her for three weeks before getting back on a number of drugs that are not compatible with breastfeeding.

You can see our story here,
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41874748/ns/today-today_health/t/pregnant-cancer-women-struggle-heal-two/

Thank you!!
Lisa and baby Alice

Oh, we are in Minneapolis but I'm willing to drive up to a couple of hours away.

lisapb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down