MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk Needed on Whidbey Island

Go down

Milk Needed on Whidbey Island Empty Milk Needed on Whidbey Island

Post by msucollin Mon May 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Hello... My name is Collin and I'm brand new to the site. It was recommended to me by a wonderful woman on facebook, Laura. My husband and I have been blessed with twin boys, Hudson and Noah. They were born 6 months ago today, at 29 weeks gestation. It was a stressful situation, to say the least, but they're healthy now and almost 13 pounds! I struggled with pumping (and eventually nursing, when they became strong enough) for months before being diagnosed with insufficient glandular tissue. I was devastated - not only can I not provide enough milk for my baby boys, but I may not be able to for my future children either.

From this sadness came something wonderful... the kindness of strangers. We've received donor milk from a few wonderful women up here and my boys are thriving. I still pump for them what I can, about 10 ounces a day. It's not much, but I know how important it is, and I'm committed to giving them as much as I can.

I know many of you women out there are blessed with something different: an abundant milk supply. If anyone out there has extra to give, I know two little guys who love to eat and one mom who would sleep just a little bit better at night. We're in Oak Harbor, on Whidbey Island, but I'd be willing to travel a few hours for a large donation, or to pay shipping costs.

Thank you for your consideration.

Collin

msucollin

Back to top Go down