MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone need gluten free for Celiac babies? (N. Austin)

Go down

anyone need gluten free for Celiac babies?  (N. Austin) Empty anyone need gluten free for Celiac babies? (N. Austin)

Post by astro Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:00 pm

I don't have a lot extra, because I already donated to the Austin milk bank. I have Celiac, so I thought I'd see if there were any babies that were Celiac or suspected gluten insensitive. My son is 6 months old, so I can't donate all my stash yet, but I could maybe do more later. This milk was pumped ~2months - 5 months of age, so it would be best suited for a baby in that age range.
I don't smoke, take PNV, DHA & now Vitamin D. Please note I do have a vitamin D deficiency which I am currently treating, which is common in Celiacs, but I am happy to answer any further questions in an email. I know if I were in the other shoes I'd rather have milk from a vitamin D deficient (gluten free!) mama (I think the body prioritizes the milk?) than none at all.
As I said, I have already been cleared to be a donor through the Austin milk bank, so I have had the bloodwork, etc. done. This may be milk, however, that I believe is safe for my baby but does not meet their guidelines, for example pumped within a couple hours of taking Tylenol. Again, I can go into more specifics with you if you are interested.

Edit: My son is ~75% for weight. Wink I'll find out this week, but I'm guessing he's ~19 or 20 lbs @ 6 months.

Last edited by astro on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added edit note)

astro

Back to top Go down