MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting to pump extra to donate in Medford

2 posters

Go down

Starting to pump extra to donate in Medford Empty Re: Starting to pump extra to donate in Medford

Post by Nicole Gabrielle Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:02 am

Rebecca,

I did find a Mom near me who could use my milk. There are a lot of donors up closer to you who could probably help out. Check out https://www.facebook.com/EatsOnFeatsOregon if you don't have any luck on here.

Best of luck to you!

Nicole
Nicole Gabrielle
Nicole Gabrielle

Back to top Go down

Starting to pump extra to donate in Medford Empty Re: Starting to pump extra to donate in Medford

Post by reba Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 am

Looks like this post is from awhile ago. I don't live in SO but I grew up in Grants Pass and I miss it down there. Anyway, I am in Portland and pregnant. I am looking for milk to stash because I had a breast biopsy and surgery which diminishes my ability to make milk. With my DD I used a nursing system and was able to produce a bit of milk for about 5 months. I hoping to do even better this time.

If you have milk to share, we would gladly set it aside to use for our baby to be.

Thanks,

Rebecca

reba

Back to top Go down

Starting to pump extra to donate in Medford Empty Starting to pump extra to donate in Medford

Post by Nicole Gabrielle Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 am

I am a full time working mama who is fortunate enough to produce more milk than my 3 mo old baby needs. She doesn't care for the bottle, and so drinks less than normal during the day when I'm at work.

I have only about 50 oz to spare right now, but I am starting to pump 1x extra at work every day so I will be able to start putting aside another 10-20 oz a week. I would love to find a baby in need in Southern Oregon or Nor Cal to give this milk to.

I have no diseases, I had recent bloodwork done with my last pregnancy (DOB 10/7/10) and I eat relatively well (Mostly organic, grass fed meat, wild fish, lots of veggies, little to no packaged food or preservatives, absolutely no junk or fast food, etc.). I take extra iron, a prenatal, fish oil and vit D in addition to eating nutrient-rich food.

I do drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning before 9 am and I pump around noon and 3 pm everyday, so there might be trace amounts of caffeine, but that is the only caffeine I consume throughout the day. My daughter never reacts and I know most people say not to worry unless you are drinking more than 2 cups a day. I do occasionally have a 1/2 glass of wine with dinner, but never close to when I'm pumping, and I never overindulge. The supply I currently have from December may have trace amounts of advil or Ranitidine (xantac) for heartburn both taken very rarely over the past few months (my daughter has never had issues with either). I am not currently taking either, but I can't guarantee I won't take advil again if needed for headaches.

If I can possibly help you, please let me know. I am looking into a milk bank to donate to, but I would much rather donate to a family in need than to someone who will turn around and charge a fortune for it.
Nicole Gabrielle
Nicole Gabrielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down