MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Des Moines mom looking to help

2 posters

Go down

Des Moines mom looking to help Empty Re: Des Moines mom looking to help

Post by kylesmom Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:09 am

Hello angela

I'm a mom who has had low milk supply issues since week 3 of my little boy's life. I've been able to increase my supply but it has been such a struggle! I would like to supplement with another mom's milk instead of formula. Are you still pumping or have some milk in the freezer? Please let me know. I live in des moines too so i could come pick it up.

kylesmom

Back to top Go down

Des Moines mom looking to help Empty Des Moines mom looking to help

Post by momtoFremont Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:30 pm

I am the mom to 5 great kids. I have been fortunate enough to nurse them all! If I was a cow I would be a state fair blue ribbon winning dairy cow for sure. I am interested in supplementing for another family in need of breast milk for their child. I have my four month old daughter, Fremont, that I am currently nursing and I am looking to donate my excess milk. My milk supply gets to be very large (and uncomfortable) when she is coming off of a growth spurt so I have to pump multiple times a day just to be comfy at work. If I stay comfy my freezer swells with frozen milk and Fremont is not eating it all. She is a healthy chunky monkey at 16 pounds, four months old.

I would like to stay at my current large supply so I need to continue feeding Fremont and pumping 2 times a day. Each time I pump I am producing 8 oz. As you can see this isn't enough to fully feed another infant but I could help supplement Smile I do not smoke, I have had a glass of wine 2 times since Fremont's birth, and I do not do recreational drugs. I am on a prescription for synthroid to combat hypothyroidism.

Please let me know if I can assist your family.

Angela
momtoFremont
momtoFremont

Back to top Go down