MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk needed in Gainesville

2 posters

Go down

Milk needed in Gainesville Empty Re: Milk needed in Gainesville

Post by AmarieH Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:47 pm

KesKes,

I know it is now way past your posted day. However, I am very new to this site (just registered two minutes ago) and saw your post. I live in Jacksonville, FL and have a 7cubic foot chest freezer packed full of breast milk. I have one 4 1/2 month old son who eats maybe 20 ounces a day, sleeps through the night, and is barely making it through one day's worth of my frozen milk in two full days of feeding. I have been more than blessed with milk and have been searching for a local family for which to donate. Are you still looking for milk for your daughter? I am not too keen on the shipping information. However, I could have records shown from all my tests from pregnancy and blood tests from having my gallbladder removed, to show that I am healthy and have never, nor do I currently, had/have any diseases. I would love to donate to you, or another local family you may know, if you are interested. I am not sure how much it would take to donate. I am a working mother, so I don't feel comfortable offering to feed your daugther exclusively until I knew how much it would take to keep a frozen supply, feed my son, and another child. I am willing to coordinate and work it out to get to that point if you or another family is interested...

I apologize, also for the long response. I just really would love to donate to a local family in need since I have been blessed with such an abundance.

Thanks!

AmarieH

Back to top Go down

Milk needed in Gainesville Empty Milk needed in Gainesville

Post by KesKes Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Hey, ladies.

My baby Heidi is 5 months old, and she's been diagnosed with FTT (she hasn't gained any weight since 2 months, and has lost a few ounces along the way). After tests were said and done, it turns out that she's just not getting enough milk from me, despite my best efforts to improve my supply. I've done everything I can think of (that we can afford) to produce more, and I think I'm probably topped out, and it's still not enough.

Heidi loves her mommy milk, and she won't take a bottle. We're currently force feeding her formula by syringe, 1cc at a time. This is time consuming, and she is my youngest of three kids. I've arranged for some church members to help me out with the other kids this week, but after that I'm on my own trying to take care of all of them while syringe feeding Heidi in between frequent nursing sessions.

I think she may take breast milk via SNS (she would not take formula this way, but I'm hoping to fool her), and it would be such a relief if anyone has even a couple ounces that I could try with. I don't want to take a lot of someone's milk because I'm not sure she'll even take it, and would hate for it to go to waste of someone else needs it.

This was long, sorry.. thank you for reading!

KesKes

Back to top Go down