MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for someone to regularly take extra breast milk, but I am taking a medication (see post for more)

Go down

Looking for someone to regularly take extra breast milk, but I am taking a medication (see post for more) Empty Still looking for a recipient - have at least 150 oz to donate now and running out of freezer space

Post by mskirko Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi, all,

I am still looking for a recipient for my milk. My original recipient is now getting plenty of milk, which is great, but I have a lot to give and I'd like to give it to you. My dosage of medication is decreasing, but the breast milk that is frozen will still have up to 1.25 mg of Klonipin in it.

I will ship anywhere you can overnight a package. I did the math and with USPS it will cost around $70 to overnight 150 oz to you if you live on the east coast--cheaper if you are closer to me (I'm in CA).

Also I do not drink alcohol, smoke, take any other drugs, or drink caffeine. I also take the Klonopin at night before bed (to sleep) and don't pump again for 9 hours, so the medication should be out of my system for the most part at that time. I pump then and during the day, when it is sure to be out of my system.

Please PM or email me if you are interested. Thanks!
mskirko
mskirko

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone to regularly take extra breast milk, but I am taking a medication (see post for more) Empty Looking for someone to regularly take extra breast milk, but I am taking a medication (see post for more)

Post by mskirko Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi, I am wanting to regularly donate extra breast milk to someone who needs it. I meet all the criteria except this one:

Regularly use over-the-counter medications or prescription medications (thyroid replacement hormones, insulin, nasal sprays, topical treatments, eye drops, vitamins, iron supplements, and progestin-only birth control pills are acceptable)

I currently am taking a small amount of Klonipin to sleep every night (I had PPD and insomnia and am now weaning off the drug, but am still taking it to sleep every night). I heavily researched this and both my psychiatrist, pediatrician, and primary care physician all said it was okay to take this drug while breastfeeding. I did a lot of research before I made the decision. I have been assured that if any amount gets into the breast milk it is so minute as to be inconsequential. Also, I pump during the day and only take this medication at night, so less of it should be in my breast milk (with most of it going to my baby when I nurse her in the AM).

I am decreasing my dosage semi-monthly, so as time goes on, if you are a regular recipient, you will have less and less in the breast milk and eventually none. If I have no takers before I am totally weaned off the drug, I will repost, but until then, I would like to help someone out as I produce an overabundance of milk. Please do some research and let me know if you are interested. I am extremely healthy, do not drink, smoke, or take any other drugs besides my pre-natal vitamin and calcium and vitamin D supplements (per my pediatrician's suggestion). I drink 1 cup of caffeine a day, but can cut this out if this is important to you.

My frozen breast milk supply was made when I was taking other drugs for PPD, so it may take me about a week or two to get up enough ounces (to ensure the cleanest possible supply) to be worth shipping, but it would be from now on. We can set up something regularly or a one-time thing.

I will need money for the following supplies:
1) Milk bags
2) dry ice (or whatever you use to keep it frozen)
3) Shipping

I'm pretty sure I can find a box to use, but that may factor in as well.

My baby is 7 months old, fyi. I am happy to disclose full information on dosage, etc, and when it decreases/changes. I cross posted this in the California section as well. Please email me at hannahkirk@gmail.com, if interested.

Thanks!
mskirko
mskirko

Back to top Go down