MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking to make one-time donation in DC/Maryland area

Go down

looking to make one-time donation in DC/Maryland area Empty looking to make one-time donation in DC/Maryland area

Post by sammy Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm

I will be in the DC/Maryland area for a week in February without my 19-month-old daughter who is still nursing. I'll be pumping to keep up my milk supply, but she doesn't drink out of a
bottle and I don't want to deal with taking breast milk home on the plane. Since I don't need it, I'd love to be able to help out someone else who can't breastfeed their baby for whatever reason.

I will be attending a conference in Washington DC from February 13-17, and then will be visiting College Park, MD from February 17-19. You could pick up milk in one or both places.

I am healthy and eat a varied, mostly free-range organic diet (although that's trickier to do while traveling). The only medication I take is levothroid, a synthetic thyroid hormone, because I am hypothyroid. When I looked up information for donors at national milk banks, they all said donors should be taking no medications except thyroid hormones, because these are considered safe. All it does is supplement the natural hormones that I should have in my body anyway but don't. I drink occasionally but never more than one drink per day.

I have done this once before and managed to pump about 14 oz a day, and I imagine I will have a similar amount this time.

sammy

Back to top Go down