MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far is too far to ship?

4 posters

Go down

How far is too far to ship? Empty How far is too far to ship?

Post by elle7715 Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm in SE Michigan and a friend in Alaska is very interested in my stash of frozen milk. I have a small stryroam cooler with a box that was sent to me for a product survey. I think I could fit around 180 oz in it, not including space for dry ice. Would it stay frozen? It was above freezing here today but I'm assuming it's only going to get colder as it goes north. How fast would we need to have it shipped, and how much would it weigh? She's willing to pay shipping costs but I was hoping it wouldn't be too costly. It sounds like Fed Ex is the only one who allows dry ice.

I am willing to ship to other recipients but I'd like to help her out if I can. I have NO shortage of milk and she's having issues pumping enough. Even if I send her around 180 oz I still have 300 left, and I'm adding over 10 oz a day to my stash.

Thank you Smile

elle7715

Back to top Go down

How far is too far to ship? Empty Re: How far is too far to ship?

Post by heggie Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:49 pm

I would use a regular hard plastic cooler--they're sturdier and seem to keep the cold in longer. (My day job used to involve shipping a ton of lab samples all over the country). If she can get 1- or 2-day fedex service in her area, then they should stay frozen.
heggie
heggie

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolerTaylor Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 am

Hello! I am the manager of a company that makes shipping containers. We make containers that can keep your milk frozen using dry ice or gel paks. Dry Ice is a better option for longer shipping times but people have successfully used our coolers with gel paks as well and been able to use 2 day or 3 day shipping to all parts of the US even Alaska. I have attached a link to our Amazon store where you can purchase these coolers. They are reusable as well. If you have questions about shipping I am also available to help! Please contact me at taylor@rncind.com
R.N.C. Web Store
CoolerTaylor
CoolerTaylor

http://r-n-c-industries.amazonwebstore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Samanthavv Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm in alaska! Where is your friend located?
Samanthavv
Samanthavv

http://www.boutique.bebebreeze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down