MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Needs Child in need of milk

2 posters

Go down

Special Needs Child in need of milk Empty Re: Special Needs Child in need of milk

Post by greenchild Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:42 pm

I have a special needs child too - right now I'm trying to rebuild his milk stash or I'd be happy to donate!! I donated all my previous stash, he couldn't use it - I wanted to tell you a little about his situation in the event it is at all helpful to your daughter. My son has Down Syndrome and developed benign myoclonic seizures. I found he is sensitive to foods of the nightshade family - tomatoes, potatoes, all peppers - sweet and hot, eggplant, paprika, goji berries, ground cherries, tomatillos, jicamas, etc. These foods were the cause of his seizures. Eliminated them from his (and my) diet, seizures were gone. (this is why I gave up my previous stash)Eliminating nightshades have had tremendous effect on his low muscle tone (and his cognitive development!). I also supplement him with Dr. Christopher's Ear & Nerve tonic, which you can get online - herbspro.com is the best deal I think. Anyway that helped a ton too. I don't know if it would help with spinal muscular atrophy but it's worth a try - it doesn't cost anything to eliminate nightshade foods from your diet - you just have to become an avid label reader (watch out for "spice extractives", "natural flavorings", and "modified food starch", they usually hide nightshade foods). And the Dr. Christopher's stuff is pretty cheap too. I have a ton more info if you want, please contact me Smile
Anne

greenchild

Back to top Go down

Special Needs Child in need of milk Empty Special Needs Child in need of milk

Post by aldoebbert Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:17 pm

My daughter has a neuromuscular condition called Spinal Muscular Atrophy and relies on breastmilk as part of her diet. We live in the Twin Cities and are seeking a donor who is a non-smoker and does not take any prescription medications. Please help! Thank you, Andrea

aldoebbert

Back to top Go down