MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needing milk in Upstate South Carolina!

Go down

Needing milk in Upstate South Carolina! Empty Re: Needing milk in Upstate South Carolina!

Post by julieandme Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:15 pm

I have never done this either, but I have a little over 50 oz I could ship, and I could save more in the next week or so. I have a 4 month-old and I meet all of the normal specifications for donating. I was saving the milk for times when I wanted to go out without the baby, but I haven't been anywhere long enough to where she's needed a bottle. My husband joined the Army and has been away at training this Summer and in October, we're moving. I was stressing about how to keep the milk frozen, but then I realized that someone probably needs it and I can just pump when we get settled in our new place.

julieandme

Back to top Go down

Needing milk in Upstate South Carolina! Empty Needing milk in Upstate South Carolina!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 am

Hi, I am new here and would love if someone let me know how everything her works... I would really appreciate it.
But let me tell you about me and my family too.
We have a baby coming in just a few weeks! Her name will be Breanna Grace, named after my great granmother that just passed away at the age of 99.8 years. I also have a son, Samuel Michael who is about 4 1/2 now... The love of my life. I wanted to BF Sam but had complications.... A LOT of complications and had to have my tubes tied since I refused to have everything taken out, when he was only 2 months old. He was such a sickly baby, it broke my heart that I wasnt able to BF him in those early months. But now he is a strong and healthy little boy with only the occasional hive break out when he gets too close to animals or eats too much dairy at one time.
Now that we are adopting a baby girl and will be in the delivery room when she is born, I am so excited to be able to adoptive nurse her using a Medela SNS. I also am excited to know that even if I do not get a full supply in, nursing her by the SNS will help create that strong bond between her and I.
I wanted to ask if anyone would have any milk that they could donate to get me through a few weeks until I get some kind of supply in after using the SNS for each feeding but also pumping. I live in Upstate South Carolina.
This is such a great place and I am so thankful a woman on our AB site told me about it!!!
Sigh of relief
Surprised

Back to top Go down