MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk to Donate, Dallas area

3 posters

Go down

Milk to Donate, Dallas area Empty milk needed

Post by cthomas Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:05 am

Hi,

I read your post and was wondering if you still had milk to donate? My 4 month old girl has been in the hospital for weeks and my supply fell so low that I couldn't pump anymore and couldn't meet her needs. She has had so many procedures and infections lately that she has ended up with diarrhea that has lasted for almost 4 weeks! I know that if she had some breastmilk, no matter how much the diarrhea would improve. The only thing is I am allergic to wheat,and it runs in my family, almost every women in my fam has it, so I didnt eat it while i was nursing in order to prevent exposing her to the allergen. I was wondering if you do eat it? At this point though I am so desperate for breastmilk for her that I may give her some even with wheat in it! If you still have some, I live in Arlington and could come pick it up this weekend if thats convienent for you.
Thanks,
Courtney

cthomas

Back to top Go down

Milk to Donate, Dallas area Empty Re: Milk to Donate, Dallas area

Post by tamaralemus@sbcglobal.net Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Sent you a PM just now

tamaralemus@sbcglobal.net

Back to top Go down

Post by goosehead Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:42 pm

I have the milk stored and frozen already so whenever or however it is easiest for you then that is fine. If your sister will be going to visit you anyway then she is welcome to come by and pick it up. I live in the Carrollton area, and my in laws are in Denton, both locations have a stock pile of milk so she can pick up where it is easiest for you.

goosehead

Back to top Go down

Post by tamaralemus@sbcglobal.net Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:24 am

If you'll just let me know when you're ready, then I'll plan my trip around that. My sister who lives here in this area is moving this weekend, and my sister who lives in the Dallas area may be coming to help. If she does come, would it be terribly tacky for me to ask you if she can pick it up? Embarassed Then she can just bring it with her when she comes this weekend. If that doesn't happen, for whatever reason, my son does have a heart surgery coming up soon, which can't be put off. I'm waiting of the call to schedule and cath, and things should start happening pretty quickly then. BUT, they may not call for several weeks, I have no idea, we are just waiting...

If my sister, Crystal, doesn't come to help our sister move, she'll be coming for his surgery anyway, and possibly the heart cath before. She lives in Little Elm, and I could get her to pick it up and bring it with her to Houston. Then we'll find a way to get it to Connie, either she can get it in Houston or I may get a family member to bring it when they return home after his surgery. For the last one my sister from Dallas stayed with us for a few days at the hospital, but everyone else returned to our area once he made it out of surgery safely.

Thank you for offering your milk to us, and I'm hoping that combined with 2 different donors from Louisiana, we should have enough to last for at least 6 weeks!! That will be 6 less weeks of worrying about having to give her formula. Smile

Just let me know when you are ready to part with your liquid gold, and we'll get everything worked out.

Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by goosehead Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:35 am

Of course, I am checking on how many ounces I have stored at my mother in laws house(my freezer is full) and I would be more then happy to donate most of that milk. When do you think you will be able to pick it up? It is wonderful that you are so dedicated to helping your friend! I will let you know when I find out how many bags I have over there but I know I will be able to donate at least a cooler full of frozen milk, around 300 ounces.

goosehead

Back to top Go down

Post by tamaralemus@sbcglobal.net Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:41 am

I live in Port Neches, TX about 6 hours away from Dallas. I'd be more than willing to drive and pick it up, if it's still available and you choose us to donate to. My sister lives in Little Elm, so I could also get in a short visit with her, also!

I'm writing on behalf of one of my good friends. Her name is Connie and she is seeking milk for her little girl, Mallorie. Mallorie is very special needs, tube fed. It's suspected she has Trisomy 18 but Connie refused to let the hospital test her for it, because if she received the official diagnosis, it's "incompatible with life" and the hospital wouldn't try to save her. She is missing many bones, kidney problems, hydrocephalus, severe apnea, hole in her heart, etc.

I have a special baby myself, and pumped for him for a year, and donated all my excess (about 2,000 oz) to baby Mallorie. She is 2 years old, but has severe allergies to milk, casein (SP?), whey, and soy. They've tried every formula available and she either gets extremely constipated or has horrible diarrhea. Connie was recently diagnosed with neuro-endocrine cancer, so far only in the large bowel and kidney. She's about to start chemo, so she can't pump anymore. She is so worried about getting breastmilk, because when she turned 2 the milkbank denied her and she can only get it through MilkShare. Connie does drink milk and eat dairy and it does not seem to affect Mallorie, it's only the milk in formula that bothers her. She also takes Domperidone and Fenugreek to help keep her supply up, and she has no problems with those, either.

I just picked up a donation from Dayton a month week ago, and it's almost gone. I will be picking up about 250 oz. from a donor in Louisiana today, and that should last about 2 weeks. She is tube fed, and they do blend solids for her, but they have to be thinned with breastmilk so they don't clog the tube.

If you've already chosen a recipient I understand, but if you haven't, please consider Connie and Mallorie. I would pick it up for them, as between both of their trips to Houston (2 hours away) she has absolutely no free time. Her blog is Malmalrose.blogspot.com if you would like to see photos or learn more about her.

Thanks for reading this long novel, and for being so generous to donate, no matter how much, or to who. I loved being able to donate, to help another baby besides my own. When we evacuated for Ike I went too long without pumping and my milk dried up, and my son was a year old, so I didn't kill myself trying to get it back. Anyway, hope to hear from you.

Tamara

Back to top Go down

Milk to Donate, Dallas area Empty Milk to Donate, Dallas area

Post by goosehead Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:47 am

I have about 300-500 ounces frozen breastmilk to donate.

My son is 7wks old and I am an overproducer, to say the least, with over 2000ounces stored already. I would love to donate some of my milk to someone who needs it. I am taking Lexapro 10mg, for anxiety for flying...I travel A LOT for my job, but it is safe for breastfeeding. Other then that I have not had any alcohol and my son is a healthy 12lbs already.

Let me know if you are interested, I am a newbie at this.

goosehead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down