MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA

2 posters

Go down

Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA Empty paypal

Post by creed6850alexander Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:17 pm

He gets off work around 2 p.m. and it will take him another two hours to reach you. The way paypal works I think is I can send it to your email address and then you go to a link from there? I've only used it once so I'm not completely sure. I'll look further into that today. Can you calculate the cost of bags including tax and we'll go ahead and figure out paypal for reimbursement. You can email me at thompsondriller@aol.com.
creed6850alexander
creed6850alexander

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA Empty Hi!

Post by txmilkmama Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:02 pm

That would be great! What time will be be coming through Tyler on the 7th?

I can imagine how frustrated you are with not being able to nurse your little one right now. Keep working at it though, and hopefully, your supply will come back!

Y'all can have all 300 ounces if you want. That will leave me a little bit to continue trying to get my daughter to take a bottle. I'll be going back to work in the end of September and she'll have to take one bottle a day while I'm gone and she REFUSES to take a bottle. That's frustrating too! But she does ok during that time if she doesn't eat. She makes it to the next feeding just fine, just a little more hungry!

I don't know how long it'll take me to get a big amount built up like this again, but I'm going to start pumping a lot again for you and I'll do my best to keep the milk coming your way one way or another! Please just let me know when you think you'll be needing less so I can start to decrease my supply gradually again.

I'm SO glad to be able to help you out! I bought 2 boxes of milk bags today with 50 bags in each box and they are $12.99 each box. We do have paypal. Do I need to set something up for you to pay for? Let me know what I need to do on my end to get that going. Seems like a pretty good way to get the reimbursement for the bags and pay for shipping later on.

Thanks!
Jessica

txmilkmama

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA Empty hello there

Post by creed6850alexander Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Yes, we are willing to reimburse you for the breastmilk storage bags. My husband works on two weeks, off two weeks drilling. Currently he's in Crossroads, LA, which is two hours from Tyler, TX. He comes home Sept. 7. Would you mind if he drove to you to pick it up on his way home? He could even meet you at your house if you don't mind that or somewhere else if that would be more comfortable for you. We will take all you are willing to give. Creed is eating around 6 ounces at every feeding now. My doctor took me off insulin, however I'm still on Zoloft. He said I could try relactating, which I am doing. I've been taking fenugreek and drinking mother's milk tea for six days and so far I have a collective 2 ounces. It's pretty frustrating. I'm really hoping it works out. I've been so disappointed not being able to nurse him. He's a little over three months now. Anyhow, I really appreciate your help. Do you have paypal? If you do I can send you money that way.
Kathy
creed6850alexander
creed6850alexander

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA Empty another question

Post by txmilkmama Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Are you also willing to reimburse for the bags? And, how many ounces do you want in each bag? The ones I have right now are between 3 and 6 ounces per bag. I know I can fit 8 ounces in a bag though. If you don't mind having 8 ounces in one bag, it would save money on the bags. They can get pretty expensive after a while! Smile

Thanks!

txmilkmama

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA Empty Re: Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA

Post by txmilkmama Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:51 pm

AWESOME!

Right now I have over 300 ounces frozen. You can have all of it to get you started and I will work on pumping more to freeze for you.

As far as meeting you or shipping, I will talk with my husband tonight when he gets home from work to see if he wants to drive halfway with me to meet you. If not, would you mind if it is shipped? I have never shipped anything frozen and don't know all the specifics of how it is done. Do you?

A little about me and my milk... I am not on any medications, I take a prenatal vitamin, I have never smoked or done drugs of any kind. I do have a glass of wine occasionally, but I "pump and dump" afterwards just to be safe, before I feed my daughter. So, the milk that you will be getting definitely won't have anything harmful in it. If I wouldn't feed it to my daughter, I wouldn't send it to you! If you want to see the bloodwork done while I was pregnant, I will request a copy of it from my doctor. I do not have any STD's and did not have gestational diabetes while pregnant.

Feel free to ask anything else you may be wondering! I hope we can work something out so your son can get some breastmilk!

Thanks for responding to my post!
Jessica

txmilkmama

Back to top Go down

Post by creed6850alexander Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:25 pm

We still need the milk. Tyler is about four hours from here. Would you be willing to meet us in the middle if we reimbursed you for gas? How much milk can you donate?
creed6850alexander
creed6850alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by txmilkmama Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi!
Are you still needing breast milk for your son? Where exactly do you live in LA? I am in Tyler in Northeast Texas. Is that anywhere close to you?

Please let me know if you are still needing milk. I would LOVE to help! My daughter was born on May 7th so they are close in age which will be good for sharing.

txmilkmama

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA Empty Breastmilk needed in Carlyss, LA

Post by creed6850alexander Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Hello from Carlyss, LA. Creed Alexander was born May 28, 2010. Due to many complications I'm unable to breastfeed him. Formula makes him really sick. The past two weeks he has been drinking donated breastmilk and all of his symptoms completely disappeared. Unfortunately our donor won't be able to provide for him exclusively because she is also feeding her six-month-old daughter and Creed eats 33-38 ounces of breast milk a day. I am sincerely hoping to find someone locally in the surrounding states willing to donate. I am more than willing to pay all shipping costs up front.
creed6850alexander
creed6850alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down