MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk to share in south central WI--recipient becomes a donor

4 posters

Go down

Milk to share in south central WI--recipient becomes a donor Empty Re: Milk to share in south central WI--recipient becomes a donor

Post by amiga74 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:22 pm

hi,
i will be relocating to the Madison area and am seeking milk for my daughter who is just over 3 months now. We found donors in Texas and were/are so grateful, and i am hoping to continue to give her breast milk following our move.
I would also love to hear how you were able to increase your supply. I am very envious. The well-regarded LC i saw said my situation was "heartbreaking" and that was about it (my daughter loves to nurse, i just don't have what she needs despite pumping with hospital grade pump, SNS, domperidone, a course of reglan initially, herbs, etc.)

Please let me know if you have milk that is still available.

thank you!
mg

amiga74

Back to top Go down

Milk to share in south central WI--recipient becomes a donor Empty Re: Milk to share in south central WI--recipient becomes a donor

Post by tfro Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 pm

are you still overproducing? let me know if you have any extra stored up you would like to part with Smile

tfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefanie Sat May 01, 2010 11:48 am

Hi,
I am looking for a donor for my son Bjorn who is 3 months old. My supply crashed about a month ago and I have been working hard to build it back up. In the mean time we have been supplementing via SNS with my sister's milk but Bjorn takes in a little more than what she and I can pump. Even though I have got my supply up a little bit now he still takes in a lot from the supplement because I think he is still playing catch up from weight that he lost in the 2nd month.

We live in Minneapolis but come down to Madison to visit family a lot. We are actually coming down there next weekend for Mother's Day.
We would be very grateful for your donation if you still have milk to share.

Btw I would love to chat with you more about your use of domperidone. It seems like it helped you. I currently am taking mass doses of fenugreek and pumping like crazy to increase my supply.

Thanks
Stefanie & Bjorn
Stefanie
Stefanie

Back to top Go down

Milk to share in south central WI--recipient becomes a donor Empty Milk to share in south central WI--recipient becomes a donor

Post by cwws Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:05 pm

I started out with severe, unexplained low supply. We bought some milk from a milk bank, but once we figured out the true severity of the issue, we decided we had to switch to formula. I had no idea this site existed, or we might have been able to avoid it. With the help of domperidone, a good pump, and a fantastic LC, I managed to increase my supply to the point that we no longer needed formula, and then to the point that I was actually putting milk away in the freezer.

I had big plans for the freezer stash. It was going to keep me covered for as long as possible when my supply tanked when I went back to work. But I'm pumping more at work every day than my baby eats at day care, and I've been back for 2 months, and I'm even successfully weaning off the domperidone. Then I was hanging onto it for a pregnant friend with PCOS, since lots of women with PCOS have issues with low supply. Her baby is 10 days old and well over his birth weight now. So now I've just got a stash that's waiting for a hungry baby.

I don't know the exact amount, but I've got at least 3 gallons. I'd prefer not to ship, but we can work something out if I don't find anyone local.

cwws

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down