MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking milk near NY state border

2 posters

Go down

Seeking milk near NY state border Empty Re: Seeking milk near NY state border

Post by MiriamJoyce Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:33 am

We'd totally pick up that amount. PM me and let me know where you are? Thanks!

MiriamJoyce

Back to top Go down

Post by Doberbrat Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:29 am

what do you call a "substantial amount"?

I'm near Boston and have milk I pumped starting when my dd was 6w old. She's 4mo now. I'm trying to figure out how much I should donate vs keep in case of emergency. but i could probably donate 500oz maybe 750? I need to figure out exactly how much I have in the freezer

I'd REALLY rather not ship. I cant even get my doppler returned b/c I hate the postoffice.

Doberbrat

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk near NY state border Empty Seeking milk near NY state border

Post by MiriamJoyce Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Our story: Our two week old has a super high arched palate and therefore can't get an efficient suck (and often the sucking reflex isn't triggered at all). She is also apparently using the wrong muscles to suck with. We have just been referred to an infant physical therapist.

We are working on upping my partner's supply to give her pumped milk, but so far she can't keep up with Molly's appetite (doing all the right things, pumping, herbs, oatmeal, etc., but it's just stubborn), and we're running out of what our friends can donate to cover the gap. The lactation consultant thinks we're going to be supplementing for a while, though hopefully not forever, but we very much want to keep her on all breastmilk until we get this figured out! We've already had to go to goat's milk formula a few times, and don't want to do it again if we can help it.

We are willing to pay shipping or drive to pick up. We're in Albany, so we could pick up in Western Mass. if you have a substantial amount.

Thanks so much for donating your milk, whether it's to us or someone else!!

Miriam

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miriamjoyce/sets/72157623821466860/

MiriamJoyce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down