MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking milk in Capital Region

2 posters

Go down

Seeking milk in Capital Region Empty found recipient

Post by celia Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I found someone in NC to ship my milk to. If it falls through, I will contact you.

celia

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk in Capital Region Empty Milk needed again in Albany

Post by MiriamJoyce Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:21 am

If you haven't found someone else, I have a friend with some very serious digestive issues (the list of things she can't eat is enormous!) who is having big struggles with low supply. She's also in the Albany area and could really really use the milk.

Thanks!

MiriamJoyce

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk in Capital Region Empty Re: Seeking milk in Capital Region

Post by celia Thu May 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I am glad to hear that you received milk already since it has been a month since you posted. I'll post and see if anyone needs what I have in the meantime. I have so much, I can't bear the thought of it going to waste.

celia

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk in Capital Region Empty OK for now, thanks!

Post by MiriamJoyce Thu May 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Celia,

Thanks. We did get large donations from two people and we *hope* to be successful in weaning our daughter off the supplement before we run out of that. (She's had surgery for posterior tongue tie now and her suck is stronger, though she's not nursing without supplement yet.)

We'd feel bad taking it if we didn't need it, so if you have anyone else to give it to, please do. If things change and it looks like we'll need more we'll post again or contact you and if you happen to still have it, great.

Thanks so much though. We are so grateful to all the people who donate milk!

Miriam

MiriamJoyce

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk in Capital Region Empty lots to give

Post by celia Thu May 20, 2010 12:45 pm

I have a lot of frozen milk ready to go. Are you still looking? I am located 15 minutes from Albany.

celia

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk in Capital Region Empty Seeking milk in Capital Region

Post by MiriamJoyce Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Our story: Our two week old has a super high arched palate and therefore can't get an efficient suck (and often the sucking reflex isn't triggered at all). She is also apparently using the wrong muscles to suck with. We have just been referred to an infant physical therapist.

We are working on upping my partner's supply to give her pumped milk, but so far she can't keep up with Molly's appetite (doing all the right things, pumping, herbs, oatmeal, etc., but it's just stubborn), and we're running out of what our friends can donate to cover the gap. The lactation consultant thinks we're going to be supplementing for a while, though hopefully not forever, but we very much want to keep her on all breastmilk until we get this figured out! We've already had to go to goat's milk formula a few times, and don't want to do it again if we can help it.

We are willing to pay shipping or drive to pick up. We're in Albany, but we could pick up within a fairly wide radius if you have a substantial amount.

Thanks so much for donating your milk, whether it's to us or someone else!!

Miriam

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miriamjoyce/sets/72157623821466860/

MiriamJoyce

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk in Capital Region Empty Re: Seeking milk in Capital Region

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down