MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

little one due in sept would love to have freezer full by then.

4 posters

Go down

little one due in sept would love to have freezer full by then. Empty Re: little one due in sept would love to have freezer full by then.

Post by Erica Canaday Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:58 am

I have 250 oz now and can easily get up over 300 in the next day or two if you'd like it. This milk is from age 3 weeks to 5 weeks (Alex is six weeks tomorrow). Even with my son nursing, I still pump 6-8 oz every 3 hours. Nothing seems to be working yet for decreasing my milk supply so I'm stuck pumping to relieve the pain. I don't really need it but I don't want to throw it out so my freezer is now taken over by milk. LOL I'm giving 100 oz per week to a friend whose baby was failing to thrive and still have way too much so you're welcome to it. I'm fine shipping it if you need that. Just an FYI, my milk is VERY high in fat so if your babies have had a hard time digesting, my milk may not be the best choice for you.

Erica Canaday

Back to top Go down

little one due in sept would love to have freezer full by then. Empty Re: little one due in sept would love to have freezer full by then.

Post by doulabethany Fri May 07, 2010 1:52 pm

MommyofMany, Where do you live? I am also a farm girl Smile Our family of 6 (and growing!) lives in rural Gig Harbor. We raise Dexter cattle. I had a little one in January and have milk in the freezer that I won't be using. I would love to see it go to a mama who is using a supplementer! This milk was pumped from 20 days after bith to about 7 weeks. There isn't a ton. I only pumped to relieve engorgement and keep up my supply when he was sleeping a lot Smile I never intended to use it for myself as I never leave my little ones at this age, or give them anything other than the breast. Like I said, there isn't much so it might be easiest to meet somewhere if we live near each other since it really wouldn't be worth it to ship. Let me know where you are and if this might be a good fit. You can email me at gentlerbirth@hotmail.com.
~Bethany Tilzey
Homebirthing mama and Birth Doula

doulabethany

Back to top Go down

Post by msilverbelle Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Oh, I meant to say that's all they get when they nurse, they are obviously eating other foods by now Smile
msilverbelle
msilverbelle

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000236349725

Back to top Go down

Post by msilverbelle Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi, I am due August 2nd with my 3rd child, a surprise baby. I actually think I saw you on the Yahoo! group when I was donating previously.. your story sounds familiar. Congrats on the new little one!

I had twins on Nov 21, 2008. When they were 2-3 months old the freezer started overflowing and that's when I looked into donating. I was able to donate over 1500oz. This time around I would like to start pumping for donation sooner. As I only am having 1 baby to feed I'm anticipating the milk will be a-plenty. However I am still breastfeeding the twins. They are 17m right now and strictly getting watery colostrum. I'm hoping it's enough to keep them healthy. If they would like to continue to nurse I will still nurse them. If not, I will pump milk for their sippies. I hope you understand they are my first priority.

I plan on starting pumping around 38w gestation and continuing immediately after birth. I'd love to save some colostrum for your little one and see what I can do in the milk production department. With the twins I was able to pump 10oz per breast at a time so hopefully it will be the same this time around.

I am in Tacoma. I don't want to ship.

Keep in touch!
Misty
mistyduryea@hotmail.com

Last edited by msilverbelle on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
msilverbelle
msilverbelle

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000236349725

Back to top Go down

little one due in sept would love to have freezer full by then. Empty little one due in sept would love to have freezer full by then.

Post by mommyofmany Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 am

My little girl will be here end of Sept and I would love to get a freezer full before then. I have used milkshare for my last two babies. It was such a blessing!!!
Due to previous breastsurgery I am unable to provide 100% of my milk. I can only make about 8 or so ounces a day. 4 out of 7 of my kids have had bad reactions to formula. 2 of them had failure to thrive because of it. So I want to avoid formula at all costs. I put the donor milk in my lact aid nursing supplementer. I take domperidone to increase my supply.
I would LOVE to at least have some colostrum on hand before she is born.

I will pay all shipping from WA, OR, ID or Northern CA. How I do this is I send you a cooler with a prepaid shipping label and breastmilk bags, tape, newspaper etc and give instructions on how to pack. Then you let me know when you want it picked up and I arrange it to be picked up right at your door step. no need to go to the post office or drag the cooler anywhere.
To make it worth while though it should be at least 300 ounces due to the cost of shipping. It costs the same to ship 75 ounces or 300 ounces.

If anyone can help this little one I would be forever greatful. I have two deep freezers (we have a farm and have cows in our freezer so we need these freezers lol) and breastmilk stays good for up to 18 months in a deep freezer. Ask me how I know lol. I have used it up until 20 months old before.

thanks you wonderful mamas willing to give this precious gold to a baby!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO passionate about giving my baby only breastmilk.

you can check my blog out even though I haven't updated it for a longwhile at www.blessedbyseven.blogspot.com

Michelle
mama to soon to be 8 blessings!

mommyofmany

mommyofmany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down