MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physician with 4 week old daughter looking for other mom in DC area to help provide breast milk

4 posters

Go down

Physician with 4 week old daughter looking for other mom in DC area to help provide breast milk Empty Re: Physician with 4 week old daughter looking for other mom in DC area to help provide breast milk

Post by dermresident Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:49 pm

LCpl Doyle,
Thank you so much for taking the time to consider me. I hope that you are able to find compatible breastmilk for your precious baby. I would greatly appreciate an email to shaynarivard@gmail.com. Thank you!

V/R Shayna

dermresident

Back to top Go down

Physician with 4 week old daughter looking for other mom in DC area to help provide breast milk Empty Re: Physician with 4 week old daughter looking for other mom in DC area to help provide breast milk

Post by devildogdoyle Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:35 am

My daughter has a gluten and dairy sensitivity/allergy and the donor milk we received, she cannot have. I have about 100-150 oz frozen in a chest freezer. Can email you details about the donor and can meet you in WRNMMC-B.

LCpl Doyle, RE (Retired)

devildogdoyle

Back to top Go down

Post by dermresident Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi Michelle,
Thank you so much for your post! I am sending you a pm right now.

Sincerely,
Shayna

dermresident

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle33 Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi, I live in Alexandria, VA and have some breast milk I can't use. My six month old daughter has a dairy allergy so I can't use anything that was frozen before my diet was restricted. If you would like the milk please let me know.

Michelle33

Back to top Go down

Post by dermresident Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! That's really neat that we work so close to one another and both have new babies. Do you have an email address you use more frequently? My personal email is shaynarivard@gmail.com. If you prefer not posting here, please email me so we can discuss more. Thanks again and looking forward to discussing more details with you.

Warmly,
Shayna

dermresident

Back to top Go down

Post by DEC Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi, I'm a rad onc at NIH. My husband is a surgeon at WRNMMC. I have a 4.5 month old. It's my third child so supply has not been an issue. I have a fair bit of extra milk stored. My daughter hates the bottle so I pump more than she drinks. Happy to have someone use it. It is stored in a chest freezer. No medications except the occasional gummy vitamin.

DEC

Back to top Go down

Physician with 4 week old daughter looking for other mom in DC area to help provide breast milk Empty Physician with 4 week old daughter looking for other mom in DC area to help provide breast milk

Post by dermresident Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Thank you so much to all the generous moms out there who are donating their milk! This is really a wonderful resource that I previously did not know existed.

I am currently a Dermatology resident working at Walter Reed hospital and just gave birth to my almost 4 week old daughter Anna with plans to return to work seeing patients again in a few days.

I was able to give her colostrum and some transitional milk for 9 days but due to a combination of circumstances was not able to continue. I have been providing her formula, but still am very torn and do not feel that it is the best option for her and would really like to try to meet another mom in the DC area (I live in Bethesda) who would be willing to go through the advised medical screening process and help me with providing 5 months of breast milk to my daughter.

This has been a huge emotional struggle for me, especially being in the health profession and not providing breast milk for my daughter, and I would greatly appreciate the help of a fellow mom. Thank you again to all those who generously give their time to pumping for other babies and finding other babies who can benefit from their extra freezer stores.

dermresident

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down