MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running Low in Mass...

5 posters

Go down

Running Low in Mass... Empty I have BM if you are still looking

Post by cmr811 Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:06 am

Hi there -

I do have some BM to donate if you are still looking? About 200 oz. Can't write much now - two kids running around and crazy at the moment. PM back and we can get in touch if you still need BM.

Thanks!

Christina

cmr811

Back to top Go down

Running Low in Mass... Empty Re: Running Low in Mass...

Post by k8land Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Not sure where in MA you are, but I have about 200 oz available in CT. If you happen to be headed this way or would like to try to find a halfway point to meet up, let me know.

k8land

Back to top Go down

Post by brookemarie Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 am

We have about 60 bags (4-5 ounces each) in Worcester if you want it.

brookemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by cmichaud Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:18 pm

See my post just below yours--I have milk in Boston if you want it. Smile

--christina

cmichaud

Back to top Go down

Running Low in Mass... Empty Running Low in Mass...

Post by Crunchymamainma Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:40 am

Hello!
I am the Mama to Wesley, 7 months old. (Also to Matthew 5.8 and Mason 2.10 and 4 months PG with surprise baby #4!)
When I was about 2 months PG, I started to notice that Wes was nursing more and more. I chalked it up to a growth spurt. Then he started to wake every 1-1.5 hours at night..again, I chalked it up to teething (my oldest teethed early). It was about a month or so later, that I noticed he was getting thin. He was wearing cloth diapers and I had to move them down a notch. I switched him to 'sposies to keep track of wet diapers. I had to buy size 1 diapers! He was only having 1-2 wet diapers in a 24 hour period, and was pooping only ever 3-4 days.
I started to dropper feed him every hour, and found that he was only taking about an oz per hour, and that was forcing him to eat. On Feb 11th, I took him to the Ped for a sick visit, he'd had a fever over 100 for 4 days. She found a "double ear infection" and noted that he weighed only 12 lbs 2 oz. I explained everything to her, including the lack of wet diapers, lack of poop and the fact that he was sleeping almost 20 hours per day!! She made me an appt to come back in a week for a weight check. I then took him to our Chiro to start treating his ear infection. As soon as she picked him up, she put him back down and told me to take him straight to Children's Hospital. It was something that my "mommy instincts" had been telling me to do..and she was the kick in the ass that I needed!!
We were in Children's for 8 long days. We were admitted on Thurs and by Sat I had to make the decision..To put a feeding tube in his nose or not to. He wasn't eating, he wasn't himself. I made the decision to tube him. It was the hardest thing I think I have ever faced! But I also knew that it was the only way he was going to get better. I made the DR's agree to only feed him Breastmilk. They did. He was tube fed every 3 hours. We would try to dropper feed him as much as he would take, that way he woudln't forget how to swallow. Then the rest went in VIA tube. It sucked!!
I stopped nursing him altogether at that point. I was using an SNS, I refused to stop nursing, however at that point it was found that my breastmilk no longer had nutrients in it. My body wasn't able to produce AND grow a new life. It sucked to say the least. Knowing that he wasn't going to nurse anymore was very difficult, however, I had donor milk at home, which my partner would bring me every other day.
He finally started to take a bottle! Success in my eyes..it meant that he wouldn't have to come home with a feeding tube!!!
We have been home just over a week now! His last weight check was on Wed and he weighed in at 12 lbs 15 oz!! The most he has weighed since birth!!!
He has totally started to fill out, is rolling, starting to sit up, playing with toys, laughing, crying REAL TEARS, drooling like mad! All the things he wasn't doing a week or month ago!! He is SO much happier!

We have a wonderful Donor Mama, however she won't have milk for a little while. I have 4 days (if I cut him down a little) of milk left in the freezer Crying or Very sad
I am looking for a 1-2 time donation to get us through until our other donor stores some milk again. I don't want to ship..would prefer pick up.

Very grateful to all you Milk Mamas!! I have donated thousands of ounces in the past 3 years..and can't wait to donate again after baby #4 comes!!

Kim and Baby Wes

Crunchymamainma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down