MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Mom In Search of Milk for my 8-month-old

Go down

Austin Mom In Search of Milk for my 8-month-old Empty Austin Mom In Search of Milk for my 8-month-old

Post by karenjadamo Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:24 pm

I am in search of milk for my 8-month-old healthy baby. I cannot make more than a tiny amount of milk for him at this point, despite having done everything in my power to successfully breastfeed him from birth. He is my third child and I have had the same low supply problems I had with my first two babies, though this time around the outcome has been the worst unfortunately. I tried to exclusively breastfeed him in his first weeks, feeding him on demand round the clock, spending lots of time with him skin-to-skin, drinking lots of Mother's Milk tea, and taking herbs. But he was rapidly losing weight and I could only pump minute amounts of milk. Though I had good success using an supplemental nursing system with my second baby, I was not able to use it very much with my third because I have to take care of my two children and I could not sit for long periods nursing the baby with the SNS. Once we started giving him bottles of formula and donated breastmilk, he began losing interest in nursing and my low supply quickly diminished further, which led to less and less nursing on his part. He's not a comfort nurser like my other babies were, so without milk to provide him, he nurses only a little bit at night in his sleep. It has been sad to not be able to nurse my third baby to the degree that I did with my first two. But we have been fortunate enough to have received donor milk from many friends, acquaintances, and one wonderful person who I met on this site. It has meant the world to me to feel supported by other mothers and to be able to consistently give my baby at least some ounces of breast milk every week. If you have milk to spare and if you are in good health without any transmittable diseases or substances not safe for breastmilk, we would be grateful for your milk. We live in South Austin but I can drive to pick-up anywhere in the Austin area.

Karen Adamo, mama to Baby Desmond
292-9636
karenjadamo@gmail.com

karenjadamo

Back to top Go down