MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breastmilk Available- Albany Area

3 posters

Go down

Breastmilk Available- Albany Area Empty Re: Breastmilk Available- Albany Area

Post by PritePenny Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:01 pm

The milk is no longer available, but I will probably have more to donate in the future and will post again soon.

Thanks.

PritePenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinksapphire87 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 pm

We are also interested in the milk I live just outside of Albany. I am looking for milk for my 5 month old FTT baby. We recently had a small donation but have used all of it up.

Pinksapphire87

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk Available- Albany Area Empty Albany Milk

Post by llpeters Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:43 am

Hi! I am in need of breast milk for my four month old son. I have had to rely completely on donated milk due to a breast reduction surgery I had as a teen. I am a couple of hours away but would be willing to make the drive. Is the milk still available? Thanks! Lori

llpeters

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk Available- Albany Area Empty Breastmilk Available- Albany Area

Post by PritePenny Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Hello,

I have over 500 ounces of breastmilk that I would like to donate. I am storing it in a chest freezer and have not counted it, so it could be more, but definitely not less. : ) All the bags are labeled with the date and amount. I store the milk in sterlized lansiloh milk storage bags.

When my baby was born, he struggled to latch correctly, so I started pumping 8 to 10 times a day. At about 6 weeks of age, he learned to latch and is now breast and bottle fed, although he clearly prefers to nurse. I currently breastfeed him and pump 5 times a day. I have been freezing my extra breastmilk since April. My son was born in late March at 7 pounds, 12 ounces and has always been around the 85th percentile for height and weight. It is highly likely that I will have more breastmilk to donate in the future, but for now, I have milk available that was pumped between mid April, May, and the first half of June.

I do not smoke. I had one alcoholic frozen drink on two different occasions, but did not feed or store the milk from the closest pumping session (just to be extra safe). I am not on any special diet, but I try to eat healthy. I do not eat any seafood. I do not take any prescription medicines. I take a mult-vitamin and Omega-3 vitamin every day. I do not drink coffee. I do drink tea and soda, so the milk may have some caffeine in it. My son has not been sensitive to it, but I have never had more than 2 cups in one day. I sterilize my pumping equipment every other day, so the milk would not be suitable for preemie or severely ill babies.

I would prefer to meet to exchange the milk, but am also open to mailing it, if needed.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. I hope to hear from you soon, as I do not want to throw this milk out, but I am running out of room in my chest freezer!

Thanks!

PritePenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down