MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Success with first time donation

5 posters

Go down

Success with first time donation Empty Success with first time donation

Post by ifsogirl76 Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:44 am

I'm Jaime, a mommy to 2 little boys, Haydn and Emerson.
I had many struggles with my first and never had a full supply. I had to supplement with formula and didn't learn of MilkShare until he was almost 12mos. I swore that I'd have enough milk with my next baby, knowing everything I learned with my first.
Thankfully, that has happened. In spite of working full time, I can still freeze anywhere from 6 to 18oz extra per day. Once I had my freezer overflowing, I came and posted for a one time donation. I met a wonderful mommy named Kellie and her beautiful daughter. She was unable to make enough milk for this lovely little lady, who is the same age as my son, and she asked if I'd be willing to ship milk to her in CA from where I am in TN.
My first shipment of 150oz went out right after Thanksgiving. And I will be shipping another 150oz to her this week. I am so proud to be able to do this. It has helped heal the hurt and anger I had over my first experience. And, as a PNP and CLC, I feel like being a donor is a natural extension of my career in caring for children, and a more personal connection. I'm just very grateful to Kellie for letting me be a part of her daughter's life, and I hope to be able to continue to send some milk to her periodically.

ifsogirl76

Back to top Go down

Success with first time donation Empty Re: Success with first time donation

Post by kelly_bean83 Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:26 am

Great job mama! I totally understand the "healing" it gives. I didnt nurse my first 2 due to misinformation and PPD and donating has helped me heal that hurt that i had for giving up too easily. I pray you get to keep donating to these wonderful people Smile Again, good job and many blessings!

-kelly
kelly_bean83
kelly_bean83

Back to top Go down

Post by smporter05 Sun May 02, 2010 4:47 pm

I am kind of in the same boat as Kelly. I did'n stick with it for my first and had awful PPD. This time around I am nursing and making a bit extra and want to donate to help other little ones thrive as much as my little girl. If I can save another baby from going through what my son did when switched to formula than I will do what I can
smporter05
smporter05

Back to top Go down

Post by kristybear Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm

I feel you with the "healing". Breast feeding did not go as planned, and it was something that I looked forward to my entire pregnancy. I couldn't wait to bond with my little one through breast feeding. But after an emergency c-section after more then 30 hours of laboura nd 3 hours of pushing, complications for me with recovering so not latching LO for a a long time, seeing 3 differnt lactation consultants...I had to pump. I have become a huge over supplier and have been able to donate milk to moms in need. It helps me feel that what I am doing is for a bigger purpose.

kristybear

Back to top Go down

Post by kraymond Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:31 pm

This has been healing for me as well, but as a recipient. Like many, I had looked forward to exclusively feeding my now six-month old daughter, and was devasted when it didn't work out for us (emergency cesarean, flat nipples, and low milk supply on my part, and to compound the difficulty, my DD was born with a medical condition that, while not major, makes it uncomfortable for my DD to nurse). After six lactation consultants, we finally resigned ourself that BF wasn't in the cards for us. I pump, but only produce a few ounces a day. My DD was five months before we learned of milk sharing, I wish we had found it earlier! So, even though I mourn the BF relationship, it helps knowing that with the generosity of other mommas, I'm at least able to give my baby nourishing mothers milk. That assuages a lot of my guilt of not being able to provide for her myself. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL GIFTS!! -Kassandra

kraymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down