MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breastmilk for g-tube fed daughter

2 posters

Go down

Breastmilk for g-tube fed daughter Empty Re: Breastmilk for g-tube fed daughter

Post by natedlee Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Wow! I am excited to see a reply so fast. Smile Our situation, in depth:

Our daughter, Emily, is 4.5 yrs old and has a severe neuromuscular disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) -- b/c of SMA Emily has lost her ability to swallow and is completely fed via gtube. You can read about her at www.hopeforemily.com -- We supplement her complicated dietary "cocktail" with Breast Milk b/c of the essential nutrients that her body is better able to metabolize. Diets are super hard for kids with SMA, and we have been quite pleased with her tolerance of illnesses b/c of her strengthened immune system after adding breast milk to her diet.

We had a friend who was donating before they moved away, and then found an incredible local donor (.5 mile away!) who has recently cut back on pumping and can no longer donate. We have a couple of months left, tops. We're hoping to not have to cut BM out of her diet since she has done so incredibly well on it.

We are hoping to find someone that is willing to get some blood work done and we are perfectly willing to pay for any copays. We are able to pick up and store BM and we'll do whatever we can to make it easier on a donor -- like providing storage bags and such. If this sounds like something you'd like to do I cannot tell you how appreciative we'd be!!

natedlee

http://www.hopeforemily.com

Back to top Go down

Post by firefightermom Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi! I'm new to this forum, and wondered if you could provide a little more information about your daughter's age and situation. I have a three month old and use a double electric pump to provide milk for her for when I am at work (4 hours per week) and when I'm going out. My local LLL brought up the subject of milk donation, and I'm interested in giving it a try. I'd like to help someone, so my husband I are discussing having me pump more often so I can donate. I'm looking for a recipient that I could reach via car, rather than dealing with shipping through the mail. Your post is listed as Ellicott City, which is where I work, so your request was the first to catch my eye. I'm still feeling my way forward with the whole process, so if you could provide a little more information, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

firefightermom

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk for g-tube fed daughter Empty Breastmilk for g-tube fed daughter

Post by natedlee Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Hello there. Our incredible milk donor has had to stop pumping and we are desperate for a new donor. We need up to 10oz of breast milk/day. So up to 300oz in a month.

natedlee

http://www.hopeforemily.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down