MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domperidone Moms

4 posters

Go down

Domperidone Moms Empty Domperidone Moms

Post by crljmommy Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Is anyone else taking Domperidone? I'm taking it, and it's helped some, but not a lot -yet. I've been on it just over a week and a half. I'm hoping that since my son is only 3 weeks old that it will start helping more as he gets a little bigger. I'm still very discouraged with this low supply stuff. Anyway, if you're on it, what's your dose?
Thanks
Sabrina
crljmommy
crljmommy

Back to top Go down

Domperidone Moms Empty Re: Domperidone Moms

Post by Jodibug Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:53 pm

I took domperidone to help with low supply due to breast reduction. I took 160 mg/day per Dr. Jack Newman's instructions. It can take up to six weeks before you'll see the full effect so be patient. Here is some info from Dr. Newman's site. http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14:domperidone-getting-started-&catid=5:information&Itemid=17

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Post by crljmommy Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks, I'm taking the same dose per Dr Jack Newman's instructions and thanks to my wonderful GP who ordered it for me! I was on it with my 4 year old DD, but i didn't take it for 6 weeks. I'm getting about 2 1/4/oz every 6 hours now, is that good? I was getting 3/4 oz every 6 hours, so it IS helping, just not anywhere near a full supply yet. I'm hoping this time I will get there, and with the generosity of other Moms here, I am hopeful my baby will not have to have formula again! yeah! Sabrina
crljmommy
crljmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodibug Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:40 am

Are you only pumping or are you also putting baby to the breast? How old is your baby? As long as baby doesn't have any feeding problems the best way to build up your supply is to get baby to the breast at least every 2-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night. Pumping after feedings can help some, but it can be exhausting to keep up that routine. There is a wonderful support group at www.bfar.org for women who have had breast reductions and are breastfeeding. There is also a board there for women with low supply for other reasons. I highly recommend that you join those boards. I think the low milk supply site is www.lowmilksupply.org.

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Post by crljmommy Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:51 am

I am putting him to breast every 2-3 hours and pumping ever 6 (not after every feed, just when I feel full still after he's eaten. I am also waiting on parts for my lact-aid nurser so that I can do all his feeds 100% at the breast. I was able to get another ounce this morning after he fed, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I'll check out the low milk supply boards, I'm also seeing an endo this week to see if it's my thyroid.
crljmommy
crljmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodibug Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:11 am

Sounds like you are doing everything you can! I wish you the best of luck.

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Post by amiga74 Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:51 am

Hi,
I pumped after every feeding and used an SNS for 5 months. For me, it was really with the domperidone that i saw the best results. We were able to nurse in the morning, that was really, really nice. Power pumping (15 minutes, 10 minute break, 10 minutes pumping,) for 1 hour helped, too. Pumping after each nursing session is supposed to trigger the hormones to get you to produce more, but as mentioned it is exhausting.
I was so stressed out about low-supply as i never thought it could even happen, and that certainly didn't help my supply issues. No matter what happens you will feel better about things as time goes on.

For data, i was taking 30mg 3x a day and recently moved to the full 4x4 160 dose at 8 months. I stopped pumping around 6 months (just too much work). I agree that you will see better results after 4-6 weeks.

Good luck and hang in there!

amiga74

Back to top Go down

Domperidone Moms Empty leftover blister pack dom for sale

Post by sullywilson Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:28 am

Hey moms, I have a lot of domperidone for sale (in blister packs of 100 pills per box) that I am, sadly, selling. I just haven't seen the effects personally that I need to sustain my DS breastfeeding. And I am exhausted. It's been 4 months of mastitis, poor sucking reflex from exhaustion from the mastitis, taking every galactologue known to the internet, and just making myself crazy. I've worked with my OB, an IBCLC, my doula, and I just have low supply that's not enough to sustain. So I'm here for support, and I will continue bf-ing my son until I can't anymore, but I won't be taking the dom. The pills are 10mg. Dr Jack Newman talks very highly about domperidone here: http://www.drjacknewman.com/help/Domperidone%20Getting%20Started.asp and I think that it can really help.

So this isn't spam. I'm only going to sell it for what I paid for it, but I'm in the US and you won't have to wait 2 weeks like I did for it to come by USPS internationally, or for the $$$ of your compounding pharmacy. Please don't spam me either!!!

I will only talk price over pm so send me a message. I will even pay postage. Thanks, Sully

sullywilson

Back to top Go down

Post by amiga74 Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey Sully,

I'm sorry you're dealing with low-supply. It really really sucks. It sounds like you've been working so hard, trying all sorts of herbs etc, working with all the right folks, and dealing with painful mastitis. My daughter had similarly what the lactation consultant described as a "sporadic suck" and it's sort of like a chicken or the egg thing - was that due to the fact that my supply was so little? Or the other way around? Anyways, does it matter? Please don't be hard on yourself. It doesn't mean that you and your son still can't have a "nursing relationship." My daughter still nurses and i really don't know what she is getting. She also refuses donor milk.

Hang in there!

I'm not in the market for dom right now, i don't think, but thanks for the offer!

amiga

amiga74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down