MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching desperately for BM In NY

2 posters

Go down

Searching desperately for BM In NY Empty Sophia

Post by Sophiasdad Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Thank you Amy and everyone else for your generosity. We have been so fortunate to have found a donor for the present time. Thanks so Much. Vincent

Sophiasdad

Back to top Go down

Searching desperately for BM In NY Empty Re: Searching desperately for BM In NY

Post by mommymedic Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:28 am

I am very far away from you, but I am willing to ship milk to you. While I have not had blood work done already, I am willing to have it done. Unfortunately, we it would have to be at your expense because of our financial situation. Although I wish I could pay for it as a donation to your daughter. But we are unable to afford it right now. I am a healthy 30year old. Do not smoke or live with any smokers. I do not drink alcohol at all when I'm nursing. My son was born 8/15/09. I store my milk in Lansinoh bags that are kept in a deep freeze.

I hope that you are able to find a donor that has already completed the blood work and lives much closer. But if you are not, I am willing!

Contact me if you would like to have more information. Your family and beautiful daughter will be in my prayers either way!

God Bless,
Amy

mommymedic

Back to top Go down

Searching desperately for BM In NY Empty Searching desperately for BM In NY

Post by Sophiasdad Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
My daughter Sophia has a terminal ill ness called Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1. It is a genetic neurological degenerative disease. Life expectancy is 50 percent die in the first 6 months and the rest generally do not live past 2 years of age. My daughters web site is www.sophiascure.com and our cause on facebook is also Sophias Cure. Because of the extremely low muscle tone of these children they cannot tolerate many foods and can actually get amino acid poisoning from typical formula. Sophia is going to be a year old Feb 27 and there are other type 1's who are still alive. Almost all of the older kids who are beating the odds are on BM. My wifes supply is dwindling rapidly and we would love to find a donor as it is essential to her survival. Sophia has a feeding tube because she has lost the ability to swallow. She is on a breathing machine and we use machines to cough her to clear her airways. Sophia is completely paralyzed with only a slight movement in her fingers. We are hoping to keep her alive in time for a cure which seems so close. Although Sophia is living with this horrific disease she still smiles and knows she is truly loved. If you have not decided yet we would love to be considered for your milk. We have to especially careful with a donor for Sophia as she is extremely sensitive. I would want to have blood.Thanks so much Vincent

Sophiasdad

Back to top Go down

Searching desperately for BM In NY Empty Re: Searching desperately for BM In NY

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down