MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willing to donate - Peru/Logansport/Wabash area

2 posters

Go down

Willing to donate - Peru/Logansport/Wabash area Empty Re: Willing to donate - Peru/Logansport/Wabash area

Post by jozef Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:18 pm

hi I've send you massage to your email address,please contact me at 1773/936 5808 Smile

jozef

Back to top Go down

Willing to donate - Peru/Logansport/Wabash area Empty Willing to donate - Peru/Logansport/Wabash area

Post by cldyskii Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm another nursing mom with more milk than freezer space. My son is almost 8mo and is more inclined to directly nurse than take EBM. I built up a supply because I needed to leave him for a week this past summer. We think we've finally just finished using the milk that I pumped in June. I would have to check total amount I could donate, but it's easily over 150oz. The milk has been stored in the freezer of a fridge/freezer and we're looking at having to dump milk starting in January, which would be hard. If there's another child who can use it before then, that would be wonderful

The week I was away from my son, I donated to the Colorado (the state I traveled to for a conference) Milk Bank. I have a copy of the email I received confirming that I met their requirements and passed their blood tests. Some of my frozen milk was pumped during a time when I was taking fenugreek; I discontinued that a week prior to my travel so I would qualify for donation to the Milk Bank. I do not consume caffeine or take any medications. I have been taking a multivitamin.

At this point, I am offering the milk I already have stored. Bags contain between 5-6oz. I can come up with an actual count if someone is interested. I have not been continuing to do extra storage of milk since returning from my trip because my son is extremely picky about taking a bottle. If there is someone close by who is needing milk, I would consider upping my milk supply and donating. I had a tough time with supply for my older child and remember that pain.

Please post here or email me at cldyskii@comcast.net (if you're wondering, it's pronounced "cloudy sky")

Kate

Edited to add:
I noticed after reading some of the FAQs, that there are some other things I should mention. I have HVP and cold sores. I have not had any outbreaks in the last six months. The Colorado Milk Bank accepted my donation knowing both. The milk I have has been stored in a fridge freezer that is rarely accessed. I have been operating with the understanding that I can keep milk safely in this arrangement for six months. If it was in my often-accessed regular freezer I wouldn't have kept it past 3 months.

I do not know where to find dry ice in my rural area or how I would ship milk.

Last edited by cldyskii on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)
cldyskii
cldyskii

Back to top Go down