MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for milk for my adopted som in R.I./MA for thanksgiving

2 posters

Go down

looking for milk for my adopted som in R.I./MA for thanksgiving Empty Re: looking for milk for my adopted som in R.I./MA for thanksgiving

Post by Admin Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 am

You can start you research at www.westonaprice.org.

I refer raw dairy.. Would never give my family conventional dairy because, like pasteurized breastmilk, so much of the immunological benefits are destroyed. The government has put very strict regulations around raw dairy sales, so I would say that the risk is extremely low. Sheep milk is nutritionally very different from cows milk...also VERY hard to find (thus the high cost). Goat is also very different from cows milk (you can view a comparison chart on the website above) and more readily available. Pasteurized goats milk is available in many stores (never buy in powdered form), but raw goat is truly better nutritionally, and yet somewhat tricky to find. Possible though if you have a good farm nearby. We have some good farms near her, thankfully. If you needed something to get you through on week, I would consider the sheep milk mixed with breastmilk, as it is the closest and not too cost prohibitive for short term use.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.milkshare.com

Back to top Go down

looking for milk for my adopted som in R.I./MA for thanksgiving Empty Re: looking for milk for my adopted som in R.I./MA for thanksgiving

Post by neocleo Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:02 pm

how interesting!!! I had no idea- I have been wanting to research what I am going to do when he is allowed to have cows milk- is there any danger in raw cow's milk?? the whole issue of dairy is so confusing- I was thinking of trying oat or almond milk too does the sheeps milk have the same nutritional value as cow's whole milk?? thanks for the info!! I don't think we will try something like that on vaca but maybe after he turns 1-
neocleo
neocleo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Yes, you can. Sheep milk is pretty close to human milk. Some mothers give it from birth. There are ways to fortify all of the above to make them even better. You do need to cut the milk with water also. Raw cows milk differs vastly from pasteurized and many people with allergies to conventional dairy can tolerate it well.

Fun fact: Donkey milk is the best available milk for baby humans if not human milk. But otter milk is actually the closest known milk to breastmilk...can't really milk an otter, though, lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neocleo Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Thanks so much for the reply:) Blake had a sever bout of reflux and they think it might have been an allergy we are staying away from dairy at this time- but thank you for the info- that is awesome- can you give that sort of milk this early on??
thanks so much
sarah
neocleo
neocleo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Sarah,

We are running a bit low also, but I wanted to let you know that we have an Amish co-op here where we can easily have raw goat, cow, or sheep (the best) milk delivered each week. I also have many of the supplements needed to fortify it and I live around Worcester, MA, so if it gets closer and you want to have a back up available, let me know at least 12 days in advance and I can add some to our order for you and bring it down. The sheep milk is exceptionally good, but is $18/pint. The other milks are far more affordable and from a very quality source.

If it happens that we have enough to share, we can also try to supplement whatever you get.

Congrats on your little boy! He is gorgeous!

Warmly,
Kelley
MilkShare Founder
yaaykhadi@gmail.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

looking for milk for my adopted som in R.I./MA for thanksgiving Empty looking for milk for my adopted som in R.I./MA for thanksgiving

Post by neocleo Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:39 pm

hi- I have an adopted little guy and we are planning to go to RI for thanksgiving- my family lives in newport and will definitely pick up. My sister lives in MA and will pick up there. Please let me know if you have any donations. We will need approximately 210 ounces for the week- any amount is of course appreciated
thanks so much
in gratitude
sarah
neocleo
neocleo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down