MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for milk in Monmouth County (not special needs)

Go down

Looking for milk in Monmouth County (not special needs) Empty Looking for milk in Monmouth County (not special needs)

Post by enchantingdragon Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 am

Hi my name is Jasmine. I am seeking any extra breastmilk for my son Drake, 3 1/2 months old. I am not a special needs case by any means so please share with those who are in more dire need then myself. I myself can make milk and have been exclusively breastfeeding Drake up to 3 months. Breastfeeding, Drake and I simply are not compatible it seems. It started when Drake was born and he had an undetected tongue tie that wasnt discovered till he was 4 days old and we had left the hospital already. Before that was fixed breastfeeding was excruciating. After we fixed that hurdle things seemed to be better. Drake had lost a significant amount of weight though due to it so we were playing catch up for a bit. At his 2 month check up I broke up his shots so we went twice that month, 2 weeks apart. I had him weighed at both appointments as I often had weight checks since I was so worried from the early days. In 2 weeks Drake had only gained 5 ozs. I started to get worried and had some consultations with his Dr and a lactation consultant (the same one who discovered his tie) My son has always been a long nurser, upwards to an hour at times on one side even. The lactation consultant did a weight check and in 45 minutes at one breast Drake only got 1.5 ozs. after talking with his Dr as well where his weight was only at the 3rd percentile on the World Health Organization chart she said we had to start supplementing at his 3 month check up. At 3 months Drake weighed 9 lbs 15 ozs, his birth weight was 8 lbs 8 ozs. Formula is a rather hot topic in our home as my husband has a severe dislike for the stuff and it has caused numerous fights as I use it to supplement. On top of that I have reyurned to work at the start of Sept. I work as a nanny and Drake comes with me. My girls are older so they mostly need a driver. Between their various activities I find it hard to breastfeed Drake as he eats for such a long time. Recently, perhaps due to how much faster and satisfied he feels after a bottle, he has started to get upset at the breast. He screams and cries and pulls off due to the lack of flow perhaps and for whatever reason I dont know nothing comes out. Perhaps Im too stressed out as if I feed him a bottle I leak a good bit. I have decided to move to exclusively pumping and see where that leads me as it just seems what will be best for Drake and myself. I have started a regiment but never get more then 2-3ozs combined. I hope overtime it will increase but for now its not enough to last him. So as you can see this is not a dire need as I can make my own milk, just not a lot, and I have been supplementing with formula. But if you have any extra milk and am willing to help me out a little until maybe I can get my own supply up enough to sustain my son I would appreciate it greatly. I can drive to pick up anywhere in Monmouth county.

Thank you
Jasmine & Drake

enchantingdragon

Back to top Go down