MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embarassing Question

3 posters

Go down

Embarassing Question Empty Embarassing Question

Post by redpowerlady Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:35 am

Is HPV considered something that should go on a health screening questionnaire as a disclosure for breastmilk donation?
Is it something that should stop someone from donating BM?

Thank you!

redpowerlady

Back to top Go down

Embarassing Question Empty Re: Embarassing Question

Post by Tdunois Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:45 am

My doctor didn't have any concerns about my having HPV for the delivery or breastfeeding of my son. I did some research but there is not much out there this link sums up the few things I found on it:
http://organizedwisdom.com/Can_HPV_Be_Passed_Through_Breastmilk

I would ask your doctor if it was something to be concerned about and then maybe even call a milk bank and ask them if that would prevent you from donating to them. If neither have concerns about it I would say it's probably ok.

If you still aren't sure just let any mother you are donating to know that you have tested positive for HPV but that your doctor and milk bank professional have told you... (whatever they told you). They can decide if it is something they are comfortable with.
Tdunois
Tdunois

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegymrat Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:59 pm

You need to tell potention recipients that you have HPV, no questions about that.
veggiegymrat
veggiegymrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down