MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

extra milk in Iowa!

3 posters

Go down

extra milk in Iowa! Empty Re: extra milk in Iowa!

Post by lucysmommy Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm sorry, another mom has emailed me and we are working on getting the supply to her and her son.
lucysmommy
lucysmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by bhtimm Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi there,
We potentially might be interested. The thing that sparked interest was the fact you have an older baby. My child will be 11 months next Monday, June 21st. Currently we are getting milk from another older-baby mom from Cedar Rapids. She had a tragedy and lost over 1000oz of breastmilk due to a freezer malfunction. So what she had saved up is now gone. I have had 2 other donors from Iowa and we always met at the Subway in Monticello. Would that be a comfortable place for you to meet?

I have a VERY local (like as in 4 miles away from where we live!), low-volume donor with a baby 4 months younger who is currently willing to give us about 4-6oz/day. Because I only make 5-6oz/day now, that will not supply more than half her current intake (she still takes at least 24oz of milk in per day). How much do you have in ounces, approximately? We were planning on (and already have, actually) started cow's milk in small portions and were going to transition somewhat over to that when she turns 1 (i.e. for daycare, etc). But the rest of what she gets ideally would be breastmilk.

Here is my story, it's under the Success Stories section:
https://milkshare.forumotion.com/success-stories-f53/low-supply-mama-who-hasn-t-given-formula-t221.htm

And actually Danielle has had a tiny amount of formula but doesn't seem to like the taste! Last time I fed her using the SNS she latched on and cried! She actually likes cow's milk better.

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

extra milk in Iowa! Empty @megan

Post by lucysmommy Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 pm

sure thing! Very Happy Laughing
lucysmommy
lucysmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by potter1 Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:25 pm

I may pass at this time but I will keep you in mind. Thanks a lot for answering my questions! Megan

potter1

Back to top Go down

extra milk in Iowa! Empty 11 months and up

Post by lucysmommy Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:16 pm

11 months and up is what i have left
lucysmommy
lucysmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by potter1 Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:46 pm

what was the age of your little one when you pumped the milk? I think it would be ok if it were somwhere around the 8-9 month range. I know milk changes and want him to get the appropriate nutrients! megan

potter1

Back to top Go down

extra milk in Iowa! Empty @megan

Post by lucysmommy Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Megan, I would of course be willing to give you the milk, but I do agree that the age difference is probably not a suitable fit. It is completly up to you of course.
lucysmommy
lucysmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by potter1 Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi there- my name is megan and I live in marshalltown. I have a 3 month old and he doesnt tolerate formula and i have had previous breast surgery so I dont produce enough. I have had some moms donate to me and it has been a wonderful experience. If your willing to donate to us it would be wonderful. My only concern is that your child is 14 months and mine is only 3 months. Dont know if the milk would be appropriate for my son because of the age difference! What are your feeling on that? Megan

potter1

Back to top Go down

extra milk in Iowa! Empty extra milk in Iowa!

Post by lucysmommy Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:04 pm

My daughter is almost 14 months old and is still nursing. We have a supply of frozen milk I pumped at work on my 19 hour shifts, that my daughter used to have at the babysitters. Now she is eating mostly solids at the babysitters, so the supply sits untouched in my freezer and is growing rapidly. I'm willing to drive it to a child in my area, Iowa or surrounding states. I do not smoke or drink alcohol at all and am willing to answer any other questions, no matter how personal. My daughter is very healthy and always has been which I attribute to her being breastfed. I like nursing, don't mind pumping and think motherhood is wonderful!
lucysmommy
lucysmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down