MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to donate in Nashville area

2 posters

Go down

Looking to donate in Nashville area Empty Re: Looking to donate in Nashville area

Post by laucthor Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:54 am

Hi Elizabeth! I would love to be able to receive your milk. My son Phoenix is one month old now. With much pain and sadness, I cannot BF him. I had a breast reduction 16 years ago and I found out during my pregnancy that the surgeon performed a kind of reduction that was not meant for women who plan on child bearing. It is gut wrenchingly painful for me to have found this out. I have so much anger. He never told my mother this at the time and in fact told my mom and myself that I would probably be able to breast feed. I dont remember much about it since I was basically a child, and the issue is so loaded because I really didnt need a reduction, so the fact that he even agreed to do on 1. a kid and 2. on a kid that didnt need one and 3. did a procedure that never would have preserved my mammary tissue enough to heal and restore the ducts is unethical and unfathomable.
Anyway, Phoenix is sleeping, so i need to keep this short. I just wanted to tell you a little about my situation. Phoenix had lots of problems on Organic Similac since the first week of his life. He vomited a lot and thus had hypoglycemia the first few days. It was a mess and I cried so much because my milk came in, it just wouldnt come out. It is so hard to see your little one not getting the best nutrition. He had a beautiful birth at The Farm- born in a rustic cabin with the midwives. I tried to set up donors before hand but it never worked out, so as soon as I got home I started working hard to find some suitable donors. I found one! But she cant keep up her daughters growing needs and my son. She is giving to us any surplus, as long we need, but it isnt enough to EBF him. So, any additional milk we could keep in the freezer would be FANTASTIC.

Did you drink convention milk,cheese etc or organic dairy products while pumping? Do you also documentation of your HIV and Hep B status? How old was your child when you pumped this milk? Would be interested in donating any additional milk at any time?

Thanks so much Elizabeth!! So grateful for women like you. The best way to reach me is my email-laucthor@gmail.com
Please feel free to look at Phoenix's pictures on Facebook. (Lauren Thoresen)

Thanks again! I hope your milk is still available!

-Lauren
laucthor
laucthor

Back to top Go down

Looking to donate in Nashville area Empty Looking to donate in Nashville area

Post by ETC730 Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:40 pm

I have some frozen milk I'd like to donate to someone in the Nashville area. I'd guess around 120 oz. total, but I haven't counted it for sure. I am unable to use it because my baby was diagnosed with a cow's milk protein allergy. Since I was eating dairy when this milk was pumped, he would have an allergic reaction if I gave it to him now. I'd hate for it to go to waste, so I'm hoping that someone local needs it.

I have exclusively breastfed my 7 month old. I took no medication except a daily prenatal vitamin and DHA supplement (Expecta). I am very healthy, have no history of issues, and I tend to eat a fairly balanced diet. I do not smoke or drink alcohol, and I rarely drink caffeine. I'm happy to answer any questions!
-Elizabeth

ETC730

Back to top Go down