MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking Milk in Mass

5 posters

Go down

Seeking Milk in Mass Empty Re: Seeking Milk in Mass

Post by krhodes09 Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:42 pm

The same thing happened to me - luckily my older one was already mostly on solids (10 months old by the time my milk started to go away). But he breastfed through my whole pregnancy and still does to this day.

Where in MA are you located? I am right over the border from western ma in CT. I have a 7 week old and an 18 month old. Both are breastfeeding full time. Because of that my body is in hyperdrive and making just way too much milk. I am looking to donate the extra. I don't have a huge stock built up because its only been 7 weeks, and I have been trying to avoid pumping in the hopes that my body will naturally down regulate - but it is clear at this point that its not gonna happen.

So i figured I would donate.

I am pumping about 8-10 extra ounces per day. So I can save it up and you can come get a lot at once, or come every week and get less. It depends on how far away you are. Also we drive up to the Amherst area like 2 times per week because all the grandparents are there - and we have a business in springfield so we could arrange to meet any of those places on a regular basis.

krhodes09

Back to top Go down

Post by bananacake Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:20 pm

I might have some milk, frozen within a day or two of pumping, from mid-Dec to current. I have a 2.5 month old.
I might also have some in the future. I'm only pumping once a day, producing about 5 oz. I'm in Boston.

bananacake

Back to top Go down

Post by heggie Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:54 pm

My info is on the Maine board. Right now I only have 20 or so ounces (just donated a bunch) but am freezing 20-ish ounces per week. I could make arrangements to meet you once I get 100 oz ready to go if you're interested (pm me). Good luck! I bf'd my now-2.5 year old while I was pregnant and amnow tandeming--what an adventure! Smile
heggie
heggie

Back to top Go down

Post by sturner Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi there

I have a stock of a little over 100oz if you are interested. My little girl just turned 1 this week and still breasfeeds. She has never taken a bottle or my milk from anything but me, so I pump on occasion and stash it for someone else! The supply is from October through January. I live on the North Shore of Boston, so i don't know if that is convenient for you or not. I have donated on here numerous times as well as donating to the National Milk Bank. I have no medical issues and take no medication other than prenatals. Let me know if you are still interested! We would love to share Smile
Sarah

sturner

Back to top Go down

Seeking Milk in Mass Empty Seeking Milk in Mass

Post by Crunchymamainma Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 am

Hello!
My name is Kim, and I am the proud Mama of 3 wonderful little boys! Matthew is 5.5, Mason is 2.5 and Wesley is 5.5 months!
I am seeking milk for Wesley..I currently breastfeed, and it is my full intention to continue nursing him, until he self weans..maybe @2 like the others! However, I am 9.2 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy has made my supply drop. Wesley went from nursing every 3-4 hours during the day and every 5-6 at night to HOURLY! There is no sleep for this Mama these days.
I am taking More Milk Two by Motherlove Herbals, I have seen a slight increase, however it isn't enough to keep him fully fed.
I have about 30 oz in the freezer right now that I kept *incase of an emergency*, the rest, hundreds of oz's were donated. I didn't think in a million years that I would have a need for all that milk!
He only has 2-3 wet diapers a day, and even those aren't *so* wet that they have to be changed. He is pooping every 2-3 days...
He hasn't lost any weight thus far..however he hasn't gained any weight either.
My plan is to supplement with a bottle 2-3 times a day (as needed for wet/poopy diapers and weight gain), and nurse him on demand the rest of the time. Idealy, I want him to keep nursing so that if my supply comes back in my 3rd trimester like the LC thinks it may OR when the baby is born, he will continue nursing (he will be just barely one)..

Thanks for reading this so far! I am located in Mass. I would prefer not to ship, and can drive some distance to pick up (he hates the car LOL)

Kim

Crunchymamainma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down