MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues. Thank you!

5 posters

Go down

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Empty One time donation in Chantilly, VA

Post by Ahlbin34 Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:47 am

If you are still looking for milk I have over 300oz that I am freezing at my parents how while visiting in Chantilly, VA that you would be more than welcome to have.

Ahlbin34

Back to top Go down

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Empty one time donation

Post by yana Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Jennifer,

I have a 5 month old son who I was determined to breastfeed as well. Unfortunately, due to his health issues, I had to switch him to a medical formula. I have about 300 oz in the deep freeze that I'm more than happy to donate to you and Colleen. She's adorable and I hope it serves her well.

yana

Back to top Go down

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Empty Location

Post by firefightermom Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Hello,

Like the previous poster, I can't believe how much your daughter looks like my 3 month old. Her photo really tugged at my heart.

Could you send me your approximate location? I'm just starting to pump for donation and I'm looking for someone who is within reasonable driving distance of my home/work as I'd prefer not to deal with shipping through the mail. I don't have a frozen supply, but I'm used to pumping milk for the days when I'm at work, and think i can easily pump an extra 8-10 oz p/day and store it in my freezer. I'm hoping to drop it off once a week. I have a double electric pump that works well for me. In the interests of full disclosure, I should mention that I am also looking at one other family in need who uses the forum. I'm gathering information to help me make a decision. Thanks for your time.
Sara

firefightermom

Back to top Go down

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Empty Thanks!

Post by rainekitty Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Liz. I just sent you a PM. Thanks so much!

rainekitty

Back to top Go down

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Empty I can help

Post by Liz Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi Jennifer,
I was browsing the internet today in search where I can donate my breast milk and found your post. Colleen looks just like my 4 month old Allison... Anyway, I can make a one time donation of my milk that I keep frozen in medela storage bags the earliest dated September 25, 2009. I live in Gaithersburg, MD. Please, let me know if you are interested.
Liz

Liz

Back to top Go down

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Empty Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues. Thank you!

Post by rainekitty Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:50 am

Hello. I have an almost-5-month old daughter, Colleen. When she was born, I was determined to breastfeed. I was the first person in my family to do so and was very proud of myself for doing the right thing for my daughter. There are so many health benefits to breast milk and sharing that special time with her has been priceless.

Things went well for the first few months. She has a great latch and I never had any issues with engorgement, clogged ducts, pain or mastitis. When I returned to work full time when she was 8 weeks old, my milk supply began to drop. I have a Medela PIS and I used it every three hours religiously. I also pumped at night after feeding my daughter as much as possible. However, it never seemed like I could never get much milk out of the pump (or maybe it was just my supply was low) and the problems just got worse.

I rented a hospital-grade pump, practiced manual expression, tried meditation, positive thinking, herbs, tea, supplements, pumping around the clock and finally prescription medication. I’ve met with 2 lactation consultants, my primary care MD, my OB and my daughter’s pediatrician in hopes of finding some way of increasing my milk supply. Nothing has helped except the prescription medication, which gave me very bad side effects. At this point my freezer supply is gone and I’m unable to get any milk when I pump. I’ve started supplementing while at home, too, because I can no longer produce enough milk to keep my daughter’s weight up and her diapers wet. At 5 months, she weighs only a little over 12 lbs.

I want to continue breastfeeding more than anything (and I will keep trying to increase my supply) but if I can’t I would like to supplement with breast milk instead of formula and I would be deeply grateful to anyone who is willing to donate to me & my daughter. It kills me every time I have to make her a bottle of formula.

I never anticipated having any problems and it probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn’t have to work but I’m a single mom so unfortunately that’s not an option. Thank goodness I had an generous freezer supply that I pumped during the first 8 weeks because it's the only thing that's kept me going until now.

I will happily pay for storage and transport and any other costs. I care about her health more than anything and really want to do the very best for her.

Thank you for considering us.

-Jennifer & Colleen

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Collen10

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Collee12

Last edited by rainekitty on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *corrected typo)

rainekitty

Back to top Go down

Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues.  Thank you! Empty Re: Looking for donor milk for 5 month-old in Maryland whose Mom has severe supply issues. Thank you!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down