MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Past Donor Needs Milk

4 posters

Go down

Past Donor Needs Milk Empty Re: Past Donor Needs Milk

Post by dieena Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Thank you so much! I've been amazed at the generosity and am so grateful for all of the milk angels we have found. We just picked up about 1000 ounces last week as we were on vacation driving home ~ an absolute milk miracle. So, we are pretty full right now. But, I'll pm you for the future in case you still have it.
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Post by Nursejennyjoy Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 pm

I live in Groton, CT and have an upright freezer reaching capacity. I have been pumping since April when my daughter was a month old. I am still nursing and pumping with surplus. I would love to be someone's "milk angel" I dont want to have to throw it out.

Nursejennyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by dieena Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:07 am

Thank you for your kindness and in sharing the remedy from your midwife. Unfortunately, my infection is different from mastitis. It is a deep breast infection. But, if there was anything I could drink, I'd so do it. I miss nursing so much.
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Post by baxter_sj@hotmail.com Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I am so sorry you are dealing with mastitis. I struggled with it with my second daughter and just happened upon a solution my midwife told me about that kicked the mastitis in the butt, NOT that I am a doctor or can prescribe anything but the concoction I used was 1 liter of water with 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Pretty potent to the pallet, but I pounded the liter in one hour usually at night so I could sleep it all off and by morning it was gone. Not sure if this will help, but hope your mastitis goes away soon!! NO FUN!! And hope you find a doner.

baxter_sj@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Past Donor Needs Milk Empty supplimental milk

Post by dieena Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:33 pm

My wonderful donor is cutting back on pumping and has asked that I see if there is another donor that can supplement the milk she is pumping. We are in the Madison, WI area and preferably someone who is screened. Thank you so much!
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Past Donor Needs Milk Empty Found a donor! :)

Post by dieena Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:03 pm

We found a donor! Smile
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Post by dieena Wed May 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Thank you so much. I hope your baby is getting all of the milk needed and gets better soon...It is heartbreaking to see so many little ones in need. I'm so grateful for "milk angels" that share. Smile
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Friedlander Wed May 26, 2010 3:15 pm

"It is excruciating to be on the "needing milk" end ~ I'd much rather be a donor"....Its definitely not a fun place to be, so sorry you're here mama! I wish I could help but we are on the receiving end as well with a sick baby.

Your baby is SO beautiful.

Kelly Friedlander

Back to top Go down

Past Donor Needs Milk Empty Past Donor Needs Milk

Post by dieena Wed May 26, 2010 6:08 am

I'm a mother of four children (the youngest will be four months on 6/2/10) that has a double breast infection. My physician is a leader in the field but I'm on my 8th course of antibiotics and have had to wean since there are no other antibiotics to try. I've got a friend (that is more like a sister to me) in PA that is willing to donate milk for my little girl but she has three small children of her own and health issues. If there are any mothers who have been screened to donate milk that would help me out, I'd be very grateful. The two formulas that we have tried have upset my daughter's tummy and cause her to spit up.

A few days ago, I called a milk bank and they told me how to ship milk. Then, they called me back and offered to share some with me until I can find a donor. I've got under 25 bottles now. Since my little girl has returned to breast milk, she is her normally happy self again. In the past I have shared milk with a mother who had mastitis. It is excruciating to be on the "needing milk" end ~ I'd much rather be a donor.

If anyone is willing to help, please email me at dlharrison@softhome.net Although I'm in the Madison, WI area, I'm willing to pay shipping.

Thank you,
Annabelle's Mom
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down