MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lansinoh Bags

+3
06-07-10mom
Jodibug
africanqueen99
7 posters

Go down

Lansinoh Bags Empty Lansinoh Bags

Post by africanqueen99 Sun May 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Hello, I'm looking for help from both donors and recipients...

I have the top shelf of my side-to-side freezer devoted to my frozen milk. I'm using lansinoh bags - you know they're never really flat, but rather, slightly triangular. Anyway, I tried stacking them going back and forth with the fatter size until they hit the top of that area (maybe 14-15 bags). The freezer is wide enough for three stacks in the back and then the area in the front needs to be available for putting the fresh bag in to freeze flat.

Ok, I hope that makes sense. Today I went to put a new bag in and all the stacks sort of collapsed and I had a ton of bags all over the place. I took them all out and put them in order (going back and forth again), rubberbanded them (one over the top, one over the side) and wrapped in saran so they wouldn't move. This worked for the outside stacks, but not the middle - which is just in there like the original problem.

Is there a better system? I have three weeks left until the recipient mom picks them up so I will need the front area for stacking, too...and this time they'll fall all over the floor if they collapse.

Thanks for your help!

africanqueen99

Back to top Go down

Lansinoh Bags Empty Re: Lansinoh Bags

Post by Jodibug Sun May 23, 2010 3:51 pm

When I received donor milk that was frozen flat I found it easier to stack them side by side, laying on their side, rather than on top of each other. And then I could stack a second row on top of the bottom row in the same manner. Does this make sense?

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Post by 06-07-10mom Sun May 23, 2010 4:11 pm

dont freeze them standing up freeze them laying flat. i use to freeze them standing up and had that problem and then i learned they take up way less room flat. does that make sense?

06-07-10mom

Back to top Go down

Post by africanqueen99 Sun May 23, 2010 5:42 pm

I do freeze lying flat, but they still have that funky angle. It never occured to me to go side by side since the freezer shelves are the kind like closet shelves on the white plastic grid sort of thing. I'll put in some cardboard to make a shelf of sorts for the next go round. Thanks for that suggestion!

africanqueen99

Back to top Go down

Post by neocleo Sun May 23, 2010 8:27 pm

hi I am a recipient and I have had that happen to me sooo many times so irritating- I have put all of my bags in the gallon ziplock bags- the other thing I have done is put all the milk bags in one of those larger gift bags then put it in the freezer- you can get much more in the freezer that way!!!
neocleo
neocleo

Back to top Go down

Post by watawata Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 pm

http://greenlitebites.com/BreastMilk/

Gift bag idea sounds great, although I probably won't use the "dispenser" feature, for I freeze a lot of milk Surprised

As PP mentioned, once each bag is frozen flat, I put 8-10 of them in a gallon size freezer ziplock bags, then 3 gallon bags into a grocery bag, then place them inside my deep freeze. If I had side-by-side refrigerator/freezer, I may use the gift bag option; it'll probably be easier to stand than gallon size ziplock bags.

watawata

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahgreen Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:32 pm

I put several meatloaf pans in my freezer and that keeps them safe till delivery. They store well on their sides.

sarahgreen

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuder Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:31 am

How full do you fill them before freezing? I've been overfilling to 8oz since that is the size bottles my son takes now. I've wondered though if they could handle 10ozs for freezing.

pbuder

Back to top Go down

Post by neocleo Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:48 am

a girl that donates to me does it - so I don't see why not- you do get many more leaks though- so that is kinda a pain but you can defrost in a ziplock or other container so you don't lose milk- I try not to waste a drop!!
neocleo
neocleo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down