MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shake vs. Swirl and Warming

4 posters

Go down

Shake vs. Swirl and Warming Empty Shake vs. Swirl and Warming

Post by spunkymom Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Ok, I again saw in a post here that we are to swirl the breastmilk instead of shake it. Is this to keep the air out of the milk?

The bags I have from my donor mom are thin enough to "squeeze" the milk around, which does cause some air bubbles, but while I'm thawing them in cold water this seems to speed the process. Is there some reason I should not do this and just let it sit in the cool tap water until completely thawed (and listen to my baby girl cry:) ?

Warming was also mentioned. I use a supplementer and do not exactly "warm" the milk before I put it in. It does warm to body temp by the end of the feeding, and warms while in the tube from my skin. It's nearly warm by the time it reaches her mouth.

I also wash the bags with a drop or two of dish soap (and cold tap water THOROUGHLY rinsing them) to keep me from contaminiating the milk inside the bags.
spunkymom
spunkymom

http://glutenfreefantasy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Shake vs. Swirl and Warming Empty Re: Shake vs. Swirl and Warming

Post by myblueeyedbabies Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:26 pm

I know that shaking breastmilk tends to break apart some molecule in it and that diminishes the good properties.. or something like that. Also if you shake it enough you'll make butter! lol
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by floris73 Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:49 am

Here is a link about gently swirling and not shaking breastmilk.

http://www.bflrc.com/ljs/breastfeeding/shakenot.htm

floris73

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMommywith5kids Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Is it different if the breastmilk is in a bottle which came from the freezer?
SuperMommywith5kids
SuperMommywith5kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum