MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

c.200oz newborn milk available for pickup in Brooklyn

3 posters

Go down

c.200oz newborn milk available for pickup in Brooklyn Empty Re: c.200oz newborn milk available for pickup in Brooklyn

Post by mnagi Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi Carol,

Congratulations on your baby!

I'm so sorry but the milk was picked up a few weeks ago. Good luck finding donors - it is an awesome thing you are doing for your new baby! Both batches of my milk have gone to families with adopted babies who were exclusively fed donated breastmilk, so whatever proportion you decide to aim for please know that it is possible.

Very best wishes,

Milon

mnagi

Back to top Go down

c.200oz newborn milk available for pickup in Brooklyn Empty Re: c.200oz newborn milk available for pickup in Brooklyn

Post by Carol C. Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi Milon,
Is the second half of your stash still available? I live in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn and am looking for a local donor. My husband and I just adopted a baby girl, who is now five weeks old. Been feeding her formula, but would love to have her on at least some breast milk. I could pick up.
Let me know!
Thanks much,
Carol
646-283-0251

Carol C.

Back to top Go down

c.200oz newborn milk available for pickup in Brooklyn Empty More milk to donate

Post by mnagi Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Dear mamas,

I have another c.200oz of breastmilk available for immediate donation. This is the other half of the "stash" I previously donated, so all details are identical to those in my previous post (below) except that this has been stored in a stand-alone freezer so is good for much longer. Now that my son is 6 months old I feel ready to part with it and would love for it to go to a family in need. It is colostrum-rich and would be ideal for a newborn.

Pick up in Cobble Hill (handy for several subway lines).

Best wishes,

Milon

mnagi

Back to top Go down

Post by wordsmith60 Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:04 pm

No problem! Best wishes to you, too. If you hear of anyone else with milk in her freezer, please let us know!

Joye

wordsmith60

Back to top Go down

Post by mnagi Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Dear Joye,

I'm afraid the milk has already been donated. Sorry I didn't post a follow up saying this sooner.
Congratulations on your adoption plans! I think it is absolutely awesome that you are planning to feed your baby donated breastmilk and I wish you the very best on your journey.

Best wishes,

Milon Nagi

mnagi

Back to top Go down

Post by wordsmith60 Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:38 am

Hi Milon

We've just finalized a match with a birth mom this morning (4-14) and would LOVE to get your milk. It would be such a gift, as even though I tried to induce lactation for our first adopted child, I could never make more than 6 oz. total at my "peak."

This baby is due in the early fall, but we have a deep freeze and I'm sure your millk will be fine. Having colostrum would be an absolute delight, but any and all milk you have, regardless of date, would be very welcome. The hospital is adoption-friendly and very welcoming about donated milk.

This will be our second adopted child, and the donated BM that we got for our oldest child was almost like a wonder drug. She has hardly ever been sick (in spite of serious birth family diseases), and she has grown beautifully, is very intelligent, etc. To even think about giving the new baby formula with corn syrup, etc., makes us feel kind of sick.

We live in Long Beach, so Brooklyn is a short drive. Let me know if you're interested or want pictures of us or our firstborn. I'm on sabbatical and am free just about any time. Thanks for considering us!

Joye (wordsmith60@yahoo.com)

wordsmith60

Back to top Go down

c.200oz newborn milk available for pickup in Brooklyn Empty c.200oz newborn milk available for pickup in Brooklyn

Post by mnagi Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:04 am

Dear mamas,

I have around 200oz of breastmilk for immediate donation to a family in need. Each container is
labelled with the date of pumping which ranges from approx. 5-23 January. It
has been stored in the separate freezer compartment of my refrigerator so is
good up to 3-4 months. As it's all from the first 3-4 weeks of my son's life,
it's colostrum rich and perfect for a very new baby.

I am a non-smoker, non-drinker, free of any communicable diseases etc - I'm sure
my midwife will be happy to vouch for my health.

My son was born by c-section on December 30th, a few days before the first of
this milk was pumped, so I'm not sure to what extent the drugs associated with
the section will still have been in my system. During this period I also took
the following, all of which I was repeatedly reassured are perfectly safe for
breastfeeding (and of course my son was fed the same milk). I do have notes of
the specific dates and dosages if this is a concern:
- Percocet (first 1-2 days only)
- Advil
- Tylenol
- Methergine (3 days)

Despite difficult circumstances I was blessed with a good supply and with a son
who began breastfeeding exclusively soon after coming home from the NICU, hence
the large store of milk.

I'd love this to go to a family in need of donation, especially as I have a huge
emotional connection to the milk due to the circumstances under which it was
pumped. You would need to pick it up from me in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn (very handy for several subway lines).

Best wishes,

Milon

mnagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down