MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breastmilk up for donation in northwest suburbs!

3 posters

Go down

Breastmilk up for donation in northwest suburbs! Empty We need milk for a newly adopted baby ...

Post by jneuman888 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:45 am

Do you still have milk available? My sister-in-law has adopted a baby and we've been searching for a source for breastmilk for her. We're in a unique situation in that she lives in Florida, but the adopted baby is from here in Illinois where we, her parents and siblings, live (Elgin specifically). The baby is 3 1/2 months now, and was given formula that she's been spitting up horribly from acid reflux. The poor thing looks like a 1 month old, she's so tiny! My sil was able to get the baby Wednesday and she's trying other things (including goat milk, per suggestion of my OB), but she'd really love to get breastmilk for the baby if possible. She'll be here in town for a couple weeks before going back to Florida and I've made it my mission to find her some breastmilk ... called several local La Leche Leagues and scouring the Internet. I'm even considering relactating, though it's been 3 1/2 years since I last nursed my youngest. My OB said it'd probably only take a few days to get restarted ... I've never used a pump, but I'd be willing to try anything to get this sweet baby some REAL milk! But if we could get her some breastmilk sooner, that'd be so wonderful! Thanks!

jneuman888

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk up for donation in northwest suburbs! Empty Re: Breastmilk up for donation in northwest suburbs!

Post by S222 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:07 pm

PM'd you Very Happy

S222

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk up for donation in northwest suburbs! Empty Breastmilk up for donation in northwest suburbs!

Post by asianangelxo Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 am

Hi!

I had my baby girl in February 2010 and have had an oversupply of milk ever since. My daughter won't take a bottle and even if she did, there is no way I could use up the 125 bags (mostly 6 oz a piece and pumping about 3-5 bags per day!) within the 3 month period it can be frozen for. I have maybe 600 oz available to donate. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking when I was storing the milk and bagged milk in larger quantities (5.5-6 oz). I eat a very well balanced diet, I don't smoke, and I abstain from alcohol while nursing. Obviously I am drug free as well, as I wouldn't feed my own daughter with contaminated milk!

Please let me know if anyone is interested. I am from the northwest suburbs of Chicago.

asianangelxo

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk up for donation in northwest suburbs! Empty Re: Breastmilk up for donation in northwest suburbs!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down