MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~100 oz of milk to share

2 posters

Go down

~100 oz of milk to share Empty Re: ~100 oz of milk to share

Post by lizana Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 am

Do you still have milk available? I have a 7 month old who is exclusively breastfed, and just found out we are pregnant. My supply has gone down and I am almost out of our frozen supply! I am in the Portland area, and can meet anywhere.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

lizana

Back to top Go down

~100 oz of milk to share Empty ~100 oz of milk to share

Post by jyoung412 Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 am

I have been stocking my freezer with breastmilk, but my 5-month-old daughter refuses to take a bottle! Fortunately, this is not a crisis for us, as I am taking a year off and can be close by most of the time, but it does mean that I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-100 ounces of milk that I won't really use! I am still occasionally pumping a few ounces, so I've decided to donate what I have and build a smaller stock from scratch. It's stored in random quanitities - between 2 and five ounces per container. Some are disposable storage bags, and some are in Medela bottles. If you are interested, I ask only that the Medela bottles be returned eventually, so I can fill them back up! I'm a little hesitant to ship, as I don't know the protocol and would hate for the milk to be spoiled, but I can meet folks between York and Midcoast ME pretty easily, as I have family I could visit. I will even be driving to Benedicta on the 31st of August, so could arrange a drop off en route. I am a non-smoker, only very very occasional drinker in teeny quantities (after all, I am breastfeeding)! No meds, no red meat, no pork, very little chicken, lots of veggies. My 5 m.o. exclusively breastfed baby is 99th %ile for length and 81st %ile for weight, so it's good stuff! Smile
Hope this can be of use for your baby!
-Jackie

jyoung412

Back to top Go down