MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to not sound ungrateful?

+3
boppy
bjwallen23
Leslierush
7 posters

Go down

How to not sound ungrateful? Empty How to not sound ungrateful?

Post by Leslierush Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm quite new to milk sharing and wanted to get some advice from other recipients and donors. As a recipient, how can I go about asking donors what I think would be very personal questions about their health, past and present, without sounding ungrateful, rude, or nosy? I have received milk from a friend of mine so far and am almost out and I want to find a new donor. I honestly don't know how to go about it. Is it rude to ask about people's lifestyles (tobacco, alcohol, drugs) and health history? I guess I'm just being really worried that I will give the wrong impression and drive people away. Donors, what questions do you normally get asked? Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks!
Leslierush
Leslierush

Back to top Go down

How to not sound ungrateful? Empty Re: How to not sound ungrateful?

Post by bjwallen23 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:23 pm

I am currently researching becoming a donor, and I would not be offended at all! I think you have to find the perfect match for your family, and the donor would understand personal questions regarding medical/health/diet type things.

bjwallen23

Back to top Go down

Post by boppy Thu May 02, 2013 3:24 pm

hi,
i donated like 40 bags of milk last year and i wasn't offended at all when the dad asked me those questions. they asked if i minded getting a simple blood test that they would pay for if my insurance didn't (which it did) and i didn't at all. it's a perfectly reasonable thing to want to know those things when a total stranger's fluids (i know, sounds gross) are going into your baby.
plus, i really needed to get rid of my stored milk (and felt bad about just throwing it out) so i was willing to do anything. :-)

-j

boppy

Back to top Go down

Post by rachealanna Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:18 pm

If any donor is offended by lifestyle or consumption questions then she would not make a good donor. As a donor, I would not mind those kinds of questions at all.
Ask away and don't worry!Very Happy 

rachealanna

Back to top Go down

Post by milkymamainbc Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 pm

It's only rude to ask the person in front of you at the grocery store these questions. As a former donor I either expected these questions or gave this info before I was asked. I think it's important to know these things about a donor. Go ahead and ask.

milkymamainbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennafloyd94 Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Go ahead and ask mothers donating want you to do what's best for your baby that's why they donate and to do what's best for your baby you need to know these things so she shouldn't get offended.
Jennafloyd94
Jennafloyd94

Back to top Go down

Post by UniversalSunbeam Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:51 am

I am looking into becoming a donor and view milk donation similar to blood donation. Anything that is asked of me, or tested for blood donation is just as logical for milk donation. You want to make sure that your baby is safe, and I want you to feel good about feeding your child my milk. As long as you ask in a professional way and are non-judgmental about the answers, there are no wrong questions.

UniversalSunbeam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down